If Phil Baroni Was in UFC 1...

...you'd be lifting at Gold's and tanning at Hollywood Tans and traneing Brooklyn Brawling instead of paying $200 a month to stick your head in a Brazilian's taint.....Fact-o.

Baroni would have Menne'd the whole field of UFC 1. Don't come at me with Ken Shamrock either. Baroni was a college wrester and Ken's pro wrestling would be no match for what Baroni would be bringing.

Not that Phil would juice, but in UFC 1 there was no testing.

MMA would be a very different sport if the best eva version of Phil Baroni was in UFC 1

Best thread EVA!

cmfc - Best thread EVA!

no fucking doubt.

MMA would be the most popular sport in the world if there were more NYBAs. Imaine the talent now? Like Baroni 4.0. Minchia!!!!

i already do all of those things aswell as paying extortionate amounts for bjj. am i the best eva?

very valid op

I pay 50 bucks a year for boxing and spend the rest of my time pumping my biceps and chest (my delts get worked plenty from boxing)

Gokudamus stole my name - I pay 50 bucks a year for boxing and spend the rest of my time pumping my biceps and chest (my delts get worked plenty from boxing)

Living the dream, bro.

Do you even tan?

Baroni would have gassed and Royce would have tapped him.

The end.

Brabo Ben - i already do all of those things aswell as paying extortionate amounts for bjj. am i the best eva?

^ Phone Post

Brabo Ben - i already do all of those things aswell as paying extortionate amounts for bjj. am i the best eva?

I have to ask a few follow up questions to determine if you are.

1- If a referee screws you and takes money out of your pocket by a bad reffing call; do you:

a- Sock him in the mush

b-Take it laying down like a mezza fanook

c- Hope that you get a backstage bounus.

2- You're fighting a Japanese guy in Japan. What's an appropriate nick name for him?

a- ______ San

b- Just call him by his name

c- Pork Fried Rice

Steve4192 - Baroni would have gassed and Royce would have tapped him.

The end.

Same with Ken, and Pat Smith would have beat Baroni on the feet IMHO.

The end.

Maybe Royce would have dreamed that when he was napping in the octogon after getting some of what Menne got. Royce would be a 175lb heavy bag against the BA and his head would be a speedbag

sweepnchoke - 

The end.

Same with Ken, and Pat Smith would have beat Baroni on the feet IMHO.

Bro, Ken and Pat aren't Toughman finaists, Phil Baroni was. He'd smoke them both. Shamrock's striking wasn't good until the Fujita fight and it almost gave him a heart attack and Baroni could beat Smith on the feet or take him down for knuckle sangwitches on he ground

There is no doubt that Baroni would have walked through many of the guys in the early days with his wrestling and standup. I think he would have had a lot of problems with Royce though. I feel like Phil would have been the posterboy for UFC with his good looks and used to promote it put in as a superfight champion.

I laughed then realised I was laughing at the truth...

Bobby Lupo - 
Brabo Ben - i already do all of those things aswell as paying extortionate amounts for bjj. am i the best eva?

I have to ask a few follow up questions to determine if you are.

1- If a referee screws you and takes money out of your pocket by a bad reffing call; do you:
a- Sock him in the mush
b-Take it laying down like a mezza fanook
c- Hope that you get a backstage bounus.

2- You're fighting a Japanese guy in Japan. What's an appropriate nick name for him?
a- ______ San
b- Just call him by his name
c- Pork Fried Rice

1. If a ref screwed me id use my extortionate bjj training to choke him with a brabo choke, use its english translation 'aggressive' choke instead, and claim i invented it. then i would proceed to nutshot the unconsciouss ref keith hackney style in a roid rage.

2. if i was fighting a japanese guy i wouldnt be the best eva would i.... thats why baroni himself didnt pay much attention to minowa. NEXT!

Luncha Libre -  I feel like Phil would have been the posterboy for UFC with his good looks and used to promote it put in as a superfight champion.

The UFC still needs a posterboy like this. GSP is great, but he talks like he's got a mouth full of peanut butter and I hate to say it, but Jon Jones may be the most creative fighter since Saku and the most talented since Ando and the viewing public is giving him the Lennox Lewis cold shoulder because he's a decent and thoughtful man instead of a loudmouth jerk.

NYBA vs Oleg
NYBA vs Tank
NYBA vs Shamrock
NYBA vs Severn

Phil would of been the original king of the superfight after he makes a name for himself at ufc 1.

Can we get Bobby Lupo made an admin already? These threads should be stickies, and it would save Kirik/Chris/Jason the time and trouble if Bobby could handle it himself.

Luncha Libre - There is no doubt that Baroni would have walked through many of the guys in the early days with his wrestling and standup.

Phil's biggest problem would have been the format. 30 minute rounds and three or four fights in one night would have demolished his tiny gas tank.