If Phil Baroni Was in UFC 1...

Steve4192 - 
Luncha Libre - There is no doubt that Baroni would have walked through many of the guys in the early days with his wrestling and standup.

Phil's biggest problem would have been the format. 30 minute rounds and three or four fights in one night would have demolished his tiny gas tank.

None of the UFC 1 fights went past 5 minutes. Most of them were finished in the first 1 minute

The telegraphed front-side kick fake to shot from 12 feet away that took down such formidable foes as jimmerson, itchithara, and the black dragon, would be met with a barrage of fists similiar to the menne fight at ufc 39 from Phil, who would likely be 230 pounds of muscle.

Even though Phil wasn't in UFC 1 I still have a membership at golds with unlimited tanning and when I'm done getting pumped up with my bench routine I take off my shirt and do three rounds on one of the free standing wave bags they have in the cardio kickboxing room.

THE BODY BAG - Even though Phil wasn't in UFC 1 I still have a membership at golds with unlimited tanning and when I'm done getting pumped up with my bench routine I take off my shirt and do three rounds on one of the free standing wave bags they have in the cardio kickboxing room.

You and me both, bro.

Phil would have smashed everyone out in under 3 minutes.....total time. He'd come in looking like Mr. Utah and come out swing like Tyson and a star would be born and the Gracies would still be garage training.

Bobby Lupo -
Luncha Libre -  I feel like Phil would have been the posterboy for UFC with his good looks and used to promote it put in as a superfight champion.

The UFC still needs a posterboy like this. GSP is great, but he talks like he's got a mouth full of peanut butter and I hate to say it, but Jon Jones may be the most creative fighter since Saku and the most talented since Ando and the viewing public is giving him the Lennox Lewis cold shoulder because he's a decent and thoughtful man instead of a loudmouth jerk.

Great post. Phone Post

Any decent fighter from 1997 to now would sweep UFC 1. Daiju Takase would win UFC 1.

Mix6APlix - Royce, Shamrock, Smith, Gordeau, Rosier would all have beaten Baroni through varying methods.

lol

honestly, Phil would have walked away with it...

lawrenceofidaho - 

Question for Bobby....

What would Phil's walkout attire & fight attire consisted of for the event?

A thong, floor-length chenile robe with feather boa, sparkly Dame Edna sun-glasses, and 5-inch heel glass pumps.

Bobby Lupo -  ...you'd be lifting at Gold's and tanning at Hollywood Tans and traneing Brooklyn Brawling instead of paying $200 a month to stick your head in a Brazilian's taint.....Fact-o.

Baroni would have Menne'd the whole field of UFC 1. Don't come at me with Ken Shamrock either. Baroni was a college wrester and Ken's pro wrestling would be no match for what Baroni would be bringing.

Not that Phil would juice, but in UFC 1 there was no testing.

MMA would be a very different sport if the best eva version of Phil Baroni was in UFC 1

$200 damn where are you getting ganked at. Phone Post

lawrenceofidaho - 

Question for Bobby....

What would Phil's walkout attire & fight attire consisted of for the event?

For the cage

for the fans

Bobby Luppo is the best member of this forum. It's a shame I have to read through all the crap here to find his threads.

Golden Boy - Bobby Luppo is the best member of this forum. It's a shame I have to read through all the crap here to find his threads.

Grazie Mille. I feel the same way about myself.

Would of got rnc'ed. Phone Post

Not for nothing, but look at the all star team of the UG that supports Bobby Loopz threads including Golden Boy  and Kirik and look at my detractors: a bunch of jabronis

Think about where MMA would be today if the early UFCs would have had that superstar standout showman to bring in worldwide attention and dollars. The only thing the early UFC events lacked was the personalities both in and out of the ring (no offense to Jim Brown and his hat).

Royce and Ken beat him easily.

Pat Smith probably beats him.

And even Gordeau might be dangerous cuz of some dirty shit he would do.

Lupo is just kidding,but thats what would go down.

duckhuntgangsta -  Bobby have you even been to the "What If" forum? There is a warm tent and s'mores waiting for you. Phone Post

Bro, until they just deleted my pre 2011 posts, I was the king of the what if forum.....Like a Hague

Phil Baroni is one of THE coolest fighters ever.

Say whatever but Frankie Edgar is pound for pound and Jose Aldo is as well but those two could face each other and not even draw flies.

Baroni in his prime?

Drew fans attention. Phone Post

Brian Peppers - 
lawrenceofidaho - <p><b>Question for Bobby....

What would Phil's walkout attire & fight attire consisted of for the event?</b></p>

Nothing but his golden tanned Chicano skin, bruh.

Chicano means Mexican-American, bro. Mexican people are awesome, but Phil ain't Mexican.