If Rory and GSP both win...

Who the hell is left for GSP to fight? It would have to be Rory, right? Maia, Lawler, and Saffiedine are the only guys in the top 10 coming off wins. Are we finally on the verge of student vs mentor?

no they will never fight sir. likely gsp vs maia and rory vs condit next thats what ive been told anyways

canadiankid - no they will never fight sir. likely gsp vs maia and rory vs condit next thats what ive been told anyways

You really think Maia? Personally I would love to see if GSP can handle Maia's grappling (especially if Maia continues to use it) but that's a tough sell when we don't know how many fights GSP has left. I love Rory vs Condit but I think GSP vs Maia is a tough sell unless you're a hardcore fan.

Even if Rory wins, he still doesn't deserve a shot ahead of Maia.

canadiankid - no they will never fight sir. likely gsp vs maia and rory vs condit next thats what ive been told anyways
This most likely. If they both win those fights then it will get interesting. Or if Maia loses. Phone Post 3.0

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

Then Ellenberger vs Diaz !!! Sorry off topic lol. Phone Post

Mix6APlix - I have zero interest in team mates fighting. You want to pay 60 bucks to see a card headlined by a hard sparring session? I sure as hell don't.

YES x 1000!

Rory facing his hero + GSP fighting smart, but safe = fireworks? Yeah, right.

Diazed And Confused - He was banking on the Superfight. GSP now will either move up, and vacate the title, or eventually lose, whilst still avoiding Rory.

Rory is a decent sized WW, as well, he has options to move up. Phone Post 3.0
It would be ashame to see rory have to move up to middleweight and not get a chance at the ww belt. Phone Post 3.0

There's no one left for GSP or Hendricks to fight. I just don't believe they would do Maia (heard he's rumored to be fighting shields anyway). If it's not rory there is no one left in the top 10 except lawler, koscheck, and saffidine that aren't currently on a losing streak. Phone Post 3.0

BrattMamley - There's no one left for GSP or Hendricks to fight. I just don't believe they would do Maia (heard he's rumored to be fighting shields anyway). If it's not rory there is no one left in the top 10 except lawler, koscheck, and saffidine that aren't currently on a losing streak. Phone Post 3.0

This is the most stacked division in MMA, they'll have someone to throw at the winner of that fight. It's not until November or October right? That means they need a contender until late winter or early spring of 2014. There will be somebody then. Phone Post

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
BrattMamley - There's no one left for GSP or Hendricks to fight. I just don't believe they would do Maia (heard he's rumored to be fighting shields anyway). If it's not rory there is no one left in the top 10 except lawler, koscheck, and saffidine that aren't currently on a losing streak. Phone Post 3.0

This is the most stacked division in MMA, they'll have someone to throw at the winner of that fight. It's not until November or October right? That means they need a contender until late winter or early spring of 2014. There will be somebody then. Phone Post

Yeah I guess the fight isn't until November, good point. I'm just having trouble who they could sell as a real contender besides rory right now. Phone Post 3.0

BrattMamley -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -

Yeah I guess the fight isn't until November, good point. I'm just having trouble who they could sell as a real contender besides rory right now. Phone Post 3.0

If Hendricks wins it could just be GSP again. If not Maia is there, Lawler could be there, maybe the Erick Silva/DHK winner emerges and beats a top 5 guy. Can't sleep on Condit getting back to a title fight or Kampmann working his way back. I think one of them should cement themselves as the guy by the end of the year.

I think Maia is the front runner, if he goes and submits Shields in the first round it'd be hard to deny him. Phone Post

GSP would maul Maia. Phone Post 3.0

GSP has to make it past Hendricks first, who is a serious threat. Lawler is looking like a beast, there is Maia.

Rory has Condit, Lawler, possibly Hendricks.

If GSP is still the champ then (he has definitely slowed down), then Rory should fight him. Although I think GSP will retire before that or go up for a few super fights prior to retirement.

GSP probably retires after he beats Silvas title defense record and hand the division off to Rory. I think there is definitely a gentlemans agreement there assuming Rory can win his next couple of fights