If round had ended and Sonnen survived...

Would jones have been allowed to continue with that broken toe? Would Sonnen be awarded the W? Would be looking at a new champ? Phone Post 3.0

I was just thinking this

I believe so do to injury instead we get a bs stoppage.... Was chael hurt? Def was he defending? Yes.... If Brock got that consideration in championship fight against Carwin, chael deserved 33 seconds Phone Post 3.0

Probably, but he didn't Phone Post 3.0

Was about to make this thread, we were one Jeff Rosenthal away from a travesty, even though that fight shouldn't have been stopped

...Good thing his crazy ass is in jail for hanging around the Diaz Bros too much

I get why it was stopped, but he would have survived more than likely.

He would be the new champ then prob give it back in the rematch. Phone Post 3.0

Jones was mauling Sonnen. Sonnen didn't deserve to be in this fight, and it showed. Phone Post

Whole night was fucked Phone Post 3.0

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - Fight should not of been stopped and if it went to round 2, the Dr would of stopped it between rounds. Chael was once again under 1 minute from being UFC Champion!

He was never within a minute of having a championship.. they were half way thru the round when chael got choked Phone Post

That ref has stopped many fights early before. he is one of the worst refs out there.

It would of been a no contest Phone Post 3.0

Jiu Jitsu Panda - That ref has stopped many fights early before. he is one of the worst refs out there.
Have had him as a ref... Always fair for me, but I have seen some bad calls too same with anyone.... Chael woulda won with Winslow lol Phone Post 3.0

jimbonice - 

Jones was mauling Sonnen. Sonnen didn't deserve to be in this fight, and it showed. Phone Post

Ya, that's why I'm actually happy the ref made a decision I think was unfair. I mean Sonnen was intelligebly defending himself and squirming at least as hard as Lesnar or Edgar or any other number of fighters in similar positions, but what a godamn travesty if this guy who didn't deserve the fight in the first place, and who got utterly obliterated managed to win the LHW strap.

Even worse, it would force a rematch that'd be so one sided no one would want to see, it would backlog the division, and it would show Jesus really hates Jebus really does hate Jones... I mean fuck, first the 12-6 and now a loss via toe-mangling lol

jimbonice - Jones was mauling Sonnen. Sonnen didn't deserve to be in this fight, and it showed. Phone Post

So much this Phone Post

jimbonice - Jones was mauling Sonnen. Sonnen didn't deserve to be in this fight, and it showed. Phone Post
This^^ Phone Post 3.0

I think Chael would have been champ. It would have been marked a loss by injury for Jones. I don't think they go to the cards for that and it wouldn't have been a DQ or NC... I think.

BUT! Jones finished it with his grizzly toe. Chael is always so close to the belt but always comes up short. Thems the breaks I suppose. He's made bank so he came out a winner in the end. Phone Post 3.0

huggy bear - It would of been a no contest Phone Post 3.0
Or a weird technical decision. Which would have Jones winning Phone Post 3.0