If Roy beats DC, does he fight for the title?

If you watched the Countdown show with him on, that's what he appears to think. He says, "If you beat number 2, then you fight for the championship."

Do you agree with his logic? Meanwhile, he's ranked number 9, and lost his last fight. Should he get to leapfrog 7 dudes if he wins? Does it matter how he wins?

Personally, I think Roy is delusional. He has never beat anyone higher ranked when he's had the opportunity (JDS, Mir, Werdum), but yet he wants to complain when he doesn't get a title shot. Now, he thinks if he beats DC, he should get a title shot? I'm beginning to think he is really as dumb as Dana proclaims him to be. I think Roy is thinking his fans who like him cuz he's got a big gut and can KO some dudes are some kind of reason to leap ahead of where he should be.

Even if Roy KO's DC in the first round, I still would want to see him against someone else in the top 10 first. What do you all think?

Dana never gives him one... Unless he literally beats every one else ranked through to number 1 Phone Post 3.0

ramaham - Dana never gives him one... Unless he literally beats every one else ranked through to number 1 Phone Post 3.0

DUDE! Dana is fair!

If he beats DC it will be the first time he's ever beaten a top ten guy. He has consistently and decisively lost every time before that. So no, I doubt he'd get a title shot when history has shown he just can't hang with top guys. One victory against multiple other losses won't change that.

Werdum. Phone Post 3.0

He has never beat a top 10 HWT while in the UFC, doubt he gets a title shot as Werdum would be next. I could see him being matched up though in a #1 cont fight with a win though.

Maybe tbh, but he lost to stipe....

Oh and he won't beat Cormier.

He s faster, more athletic and stronger Phone Post 3.0

No Phone Post 3.0

No. And guaranteed Joe Silva or Dana didn't tell him beating the number 2 guy earns a title shot. Phone Post

My girlfriend always refers to me as No. 2. It's a terrible relationship. Phone Post 3.0

No. Not because of Dana but because I don't think he's earned it. If he earns it I think Dana's a big enough man to give him the shot Phone Post 3.0

TwoCanVanneDamne - No. Not because of Dana but because I don't think he's earned it. If he earns it I think Dana's a big enough man to give him the shot Phone Post 3.0
Wow. Voted down because of that post? Wtf? Phone Post 3.0

TwoCanVanneDamne - No. Not because of Dana but because I don't think he's earned it. If he earns it I think Dana's a big enough man to give him the shot Phone Post 3.0
Agree with this. I really don't see how people think that Dana doesn't see Roy's marketing potential.

The whole 'doesn't get along with the boss' angle is very WWE but it works. Phone Post 3.0

If DC is legit the number 2 guy. Then beating him should give ANYONE a title shot. No one should be getting a fight with the number 2 guy unless they are on the cusp of a title shot. Otherwise it's TERRIBLE match making.

That's just how it is. Phone Post 3.0

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - No. And guaranteed Joe Silva or Dana didn't tell him beating the number 2 guy earns a title shot. Phone Post
. Phone Post 3.0

Joshua King -
LitUp -
Agree with this. I really don't see how people think that Dana doesn't see Roy's marketing potential.

The whole 'doesn't get along with the boss' angle is very WWE but it works. Phone Post 3.0
You acting as if they aren't doing it already Phone Post 3.0
Exactly. It's already going on. It builds Roy up perfectly based on his look.

It's not as if Cain has a chiseled physique so they choose the Mexican angle to market him. Works for their plans to expand.

I think they'd prefer Cain (or rather, Brock) but they won't hold Roy back- IF he earns it.

Who has the UFC/Dana ever held back? Even Fitch had a shot- because he earned it to the point where they would lose credibility if they didn't. Roy needs to do he same, winning tonight and one more big win would be hard to ignore. Phone Post 3.0