If Superheroes were real

If all Earth based superheroes suddenly became real, which ones would most likely be killed first without writers creating bullshit scenarios. Also which jobbers would rise to the occasion without writing screw jobs?

Would Thor finally have the bad writing shackles released?
Would Batman actually do anything?
Can superman be stopped without Kryptonite in the picture?
Is Jubilee now P4P goat? Phone Post

I honestly think that a Marvel Civil War scenario would immediately show up. All superheroes would have to be involved with an Avengers Initiative type scenario or be branded criminals.
Thor, Superman, Shazaam, and the other "Superman level" heroes would rule Earth essentially. Batman and other vulnerable heroes like Spiderman would probably die within a few years.
Citizen casualty rate would probably be astronomical. Especially if mutants existed. You just need one psychopath with mutant abilities in a metropolitan area and a hero to fight him, and there would be a ridiculous amount of deaths.

I'd honestly prefer NOT to live in that world. Unless I had powers obviously.

"Citizen casualty rate would probably be astronomical."

for real. just imagine any suped up street fight from the comics in manhattan. rhino flips a bus at spidey (20-50 dead right there). spidey slings rhino into a building (another 5-15 dead). rhino charges, spidey dodges and rhino smashes into the convenience store across the street (2-10 dead), ad nauseam.

let's not even get started on superman fucking leveling skyscrapers left and right. metas would be the new al queda.

And that's why you should pray to King Thor every day. Phone Post 3.0

MarkRobinson - And that's why you should pray to King Thor every day. Phone Post 3.0

I already do. I'm not taking any chances. Part of my still thinks the Large Hadron Collider is a tool to create metas.

Imagine the insurance rates you would pay for living in NYC. I'm guessing they would have an "Act Of Super Being" clause instead of "Act Of God"

MarkRobinson - And that's why you should pray to King Thor every day. Phone Post 3.0

No joke. I'd rather submit to Thor's rule than anyone else's. At least he has some experience being a God and all.

Batman would die near-instantaneously and I would laugh at all the fanboys.

Hulk would have to be thrown into space a la Planet Hulk by Superman or Thor immediately. Otherwise there would be wayyyyyy too many civilian casualties. Seriously, in real life Hulk would be a mass murderer on an epic scale, even if most of it was accidental.

I would also move to northern Canada. Nobody ever dies up there.

Read "The Kingdom". It addresses this point nicely

dizz - 

No joke. I'd rather submit to Thor's rule than anyone else's. At least he has some experience being a God and all.

Hulk would have to be thrown into space a la Planet Hulk by Superman or Thor immediately. Otherwise there would be wayyyyyy too many civilian casualties. Seriously, in real life Hulk would be a mass murderer on an epic scale, even if most of it was accidental.

Yeah i think Thor stands a better chance of not going nuts than some of the other uber powerful guys. I feel like a real life superman would end up going all Plutonian. 

MarkRobinson -
dizz - 

Yeah i think Thor stands a better chance of not going nuts than some of the other uber powerful guys. I feel like a real life superman would end up going all Plutonian. 

I'd be more worried about a real life villains. Imagine Carnage or any number of stone cold super killers were real. Phone Post

I don't worry about it too much because I would already have been bitten by a radioactive spider and started going all frank castle on those assholes. Phone Post 3.0

Pretty sure Earth itself would be Destroyed by the amount damage caused by the likes of WWH, Sentry, Supes, and Doomsday. Phone Post

MarkRobinson - I don't worry about it too much because I would already have been bitten by a radioactive spider and started going all frank castle on those assholes. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah first thing would be either having the X gene or getting my hand on a Hulkbuster suit Phone Post

I think eventually it would be a mixture of "The Boys" and "Supergod" where every country is trying to develop their own Meta and it turns into a new arms race. Watchmen covered it pretty much with Dr. Manhattan. Professional sports would all but be dead and the supes/metas would be the focus of our entertainment world. I wouldn't give a fuck about Lebron James if some dude could fucking fly. Imagine Wonder Woman... Kardashian's would cease to exist in the media's eye.

They'd also literally be SWIMMING in poon, imagine every female on the planet getting Beiber-Fever if Thor was real.

Being a regular dude would suck...

Also Travis Pastrana would be Green Lantern

DocBirdman -

I already do. I'm not taking any chances. Part of my still thinks the Large Hadron Collider is a tool to create metas.
That's just ridiculous nonsense.

The LHC is obviously to open access to the Bifrost Bridge to Asgard.

Odin be praised.

;-) LMAO! Phone Post 3.0

Im investing in Stark Resilient right now, and starting up an arrow making business (no way Clint and Oliver make all their own) and Im going to pitch Nike to Flash. You guys may want to think about starting a clean up crew for the residual damage these guys will cause, cause lets face it none of us GG'ers will get lucky enough to get powers, unless one of you guys have a spaceship stored somewhere with horrible cosmic shields...