If Sylvia beats Fedor...

I'm not a Tim fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I will definitely be rooting for him. I'm so tired of hearing about how great Fedor is despite never fighting. There's not a doubt in my mind that the entire internet mma community would blow up and I would be incredibly happy.

I think also to take into effect on the rankings is how Tim would beat Fedor. If he dominates yeah I'd see Fedor dropping to #4. But if he loses in a some kind of decision and it was a great war, Fedor might slip only one spot down.

I don't see Tim jumping right to #1 obviously since he lost to Nog and Randy, but he'd probably get to 3 or 4. But it's the rankings, they definitely don't mean much except for knowing who is championship material and who is just a great fighter but can't reach that next level.

I'll be upset if Fedor loses

this may be the first ever heel vs heel mma fight....nobody wants either guy to win, but a shit load of people want sylvia and Fedor to lose.

mikey burnett - IF MY AUNT HAD NUTS SHE'D BE MY UNCLE

IF YOUR AUNT HAD NUTS SHE'D BE MY GIRLFRIEND

if your aunt had nuts they would be in your mouth

The rankings would not be screwed up. Sylvia would be #1.

that would suck more than the serra fluke

smac1 - "The rankings would not be screwed up. Sylvia would be #1".

coming off a loss and recently being beat by # 2 and #3...i dont think so

"coming off a loss and recently being beat by # 2 and #3...i dont think so"

You would be wrong. In combat sports rankings beating #1 in makes you #1.

Also, Randy was not #2 or #3 when he beat Sylvia he was unranked. Sylvia lost to an unranked guy and the #3 guy.

Rankings go forward not backwards. You don't look back in time to determine the value of current results.

By that logic Babalu would have magically become #1 because he beat Shogun a long time ago.

The entire point of rankings in combat sport is to determine who has earned the next chance to fight the #1 guy. Think of #1 like a championship belt. If you beat the guy with the belt you get the belt. Same with the #1 ranking. Tim would be the linear HW champ and as such automatically the #1 HW.

"I think also to take into effect on the rankings is how Tim would beat Fedor."

How you win has no impact on rankings.

Why do we get so worked up about the rankings?

Fedor will win anyways.

:)