If Tate loses she will just become a gate keeper

I want Tate to win but if she loses, her marketability with the UFC would have dried up.

Two shots at the champ and defeat both times will mean she will be reduced to Gate Keeper status and fade into obscurity from the main public eye.

That is until Ronda loses.

If she wins and shocks the world then wow that is different or has a drawn war that is an almost win. Phone Post 3.0

TateKeeper Phone Post 3.0

GayGuardMooseSaucy - TateKeeper Phone Post 3.0
OH SHIT SON Phone Post

Someone said this about Uriah Faber once... Phone Post

My gi is my sword - Someone said this about Uriah Faber once... Phone Post
Well they were wrong Phone Post 3.0

She'll be a Tatekeeper until the UFC adds the 125 pound division. Then she'll be a contender again (though I'm not sure I like her chances at that weight class either).

Steve4192 - She'll be a Tatekeeper until the UFC adds the 125 pound division. Then she'll be a contender again (though I'm not sure I like her chances at that weight class either).
It will be more suited for her. Ronda is massive next to her Phone Post 3.0

Tripitaka's Triangle - 
Steve4192 - She'll be a Tatekeeper until the UFC adds the 125 pound division. Then she'll be a contender again (though I'm not sure I like her chances at that weight class either).

Ronda is not massive next to Tate. She's wider across the shoulders, but Tate is actually a little bit taller and has the thicker lower body.

http://themmacorner.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/tate_rousey-602x401.jpg

That said, I agree Tate would be better off at 125. Her problem is that Cat Zingano, Jessica Eye, and Jessica Andrade can also make 125 and Barb Honchak is a beast in her own right. I'm not sure that Tater beats any of them (I'd favor her against Andrade right now, but not in two or three years).

Steve4192 - She'll be a Tatekeeper until the UFC adds the 125 pound division. Then she'll be a contender again (though I'm not sure I like her chances at that weight class either).

Her chances against Barb Honchak, Leslie Smith, or Vanessa Porto are far better than her chances against Ronda Rousey. Even if Alexis Davis dropped down to meet her, I'd only peg Tate as the slight underdog.

125 is the most logical place for her.

She will get Rich Franklined unless your Urijah Faber. Phone Post 3.0

More like the CupcakeKeeper

What is the line on this fight?  Does the smart money think Tate has a decent chance?

taintkeeper imo

Not a factor cause she's not going to lose. I think Tate is going to hurt her early nut not be able to finish. I got a Tate by UD. Phone Post 3.0

Pitbull3744 - 
Tripitaka's Triangle -
Ronda used to fight at cyborg weight and walks around looking massive. I see Miesha winning by rnc round 2 Phone Post 3.0

Tate could fight at Cyborg weight too if she packed on 10 pounds of fat. Ronda had a little spare tire going when she was fighting at 145.

I would have though that Ronda cutting to 135 in 24 hours with no preparation would have silenced the idiots who think she is huge for 135. She was even functional enough mid-cut to take a break and whoop Tate in that rock climbing challenge. Ronda has only looked huge at 135 when she is facing women are extremely short for the weight class (Kaufmann and Carmouche). She's no bigger than Tate or Zingano, both of whom could make 125.

Zingano would win in a rematch anyways Phone Post 3.0

Agreed htat her status would take a huge hit if she loses. I'm pulling for her, mainly because it's painfully obvious Honda's new fame has gone straight to her melon.

Tate's loss to Zingano was probably bigger than her (likely) 2nd loss to Honda. She was the favorite in that fight and it was pretty much already set that she was going to win and that her and Honda would be #1 vs. true #2. Not so much.

Will she be able to operate the gate with only one arm? Phone Post 3.0

Tripitaka's Triangle - 

UFC won't add 125lb division for at least 3 years IMO. By that time she will be retired or at the very least well past her prime. With this loss she will of lost 2 in a row and 3 of her past 4. Also the only win she would have out of those 4 fights is a fight where she lost the first two rounds in a 3 round fight.

There isn't enough depth yet in the division for her to slide too far out of another shot. Fighters like JDS, Faber, Joe B and Miesha have that luxury.

Add the 125 discussion mentioned above.

Also add that Rhonda may go the Gina route after a few years.

Also add an injury lay-off for Rhonda is possible at some point (Dominick, GSP, Lesnar).

I wouldn't just label her a TateKeeper automatically with a loss. Stranger things have happened.