If the Ferguson protesters got their way...

"New York police officer Adrian Schoolcraft made extensive recordings in 2008–2009 which documented orders from NYPD officials to search and arrest black people in the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood."

They want to hear the lamentation of white wimninz too right? Phone Post 3.0

They should be calling for national police reform: body camera's, third-party oversight, no more grand juries where the DA tries his hardest not to get an indictment (such as the one where the DA took it to a SECOND grand jury after the first one indicted just to ensure the cop got off), an end to the blue code and the militarization of police who react with greater force despite there being less violent crime, and the fact that minor street crimes result in immediate arrest using as much force as physically possible, but you can steal billions from behind a desk at a bank, and never even have cuffs put on.

But as always with these movements, the message is disjointed, and more just screaming than actual productive dialogue.

Whenever I'm trying to defuse irate people (customers at work, women, etc) I flatly say 'What is your over all goal and what options are you willing to accept to be happy?'. I'm still not sure what endgame they are shooting for and what they mean to do to get there.

The hoped-for-endgame, now that Wilson is a free man, is probably the end to the killing of unarmed black people (and children) by those who are "sworn to protect and serve", and the full criminal prosecution of those who do so.

BBC_Fighting -
Jesus Quintana - 
siebe41 - Honestly. If they want change it starts with them.
Want more black cops? Teach your kids to have a respect for police instead of hatred. Who wants to become something they hate?

Want to break stereotypes? Start with yourself.

Sorry a bit ot but I live near furgeson and it pisses me off these idiots are burning their own town down and expecting the system to fix things. Phone Post 3.0

Why should black people respect the police exactly? How many nonviolent black people are in jail right now? How often do police unlawfully search black people? Here in NYC illegally searching black people was literally the official policy.

Literally and officially, huh?  I don't think you know what those words mean. 

So two wrongs make a right?

Respect the police and they will start to respect you.

Can tell you stories I have about getting out of tickets by being respectful and admitting I was wrong and showing the office some courtesy.

Saw this a while back:
Chris Rock - How not to get your ass kicked by the police: http://youtu.be/QR465HoCWFQ Phone Post 3.0

orcus - "New York police officer Adrian Schoolcraft made extensive recordings in 2008–2009 which documented orders from NYPD officials to search and arrest black people in the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood."
Have you been to Bed-Sty? You won't find any white people there Phone Post 3.0

orcus -
ShakeR_ - 
orcus - Their way would probably be that a guy who killed an unarmed man actually be tried for the crime. You know, to determine if it was justified and all that silliness.

Too outrageous for the OP, apparently.
Why is it that the grand jury trial didn't count?

Should we bypass normal court procedure when race is a factor? Phone Post 3.0

If an unarmed man is shot to death, and there is any doubt at all as to whether it was justified, there should be a criminal trial, period.

As you probably know, grand jury trials are generally just there so the prosecutor can demonstrate that he has a case. I'm also sure you know the statistics: "According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. attorneys prosecuted 162,000 federal cases in 2010, the most recent year for which we have data. Grand juries declined to return an indictment in 11 of them."

So in just about EVERY fucking case that comes to them, grand juries indict. But not here. Unarmed guy shot to death, some eyewitnesses saying he had his hands up, officer admits he was unarmed. No indictment.

Why would people not be pissed about that?

"Do you think the protesters would riot if Wilson was tried and found guilty?"

I don't know. Are now getting mad about what we think people might do in an alternate reality under opposite cirumstances?
An unarmed man can easily take an officers gun and shoot him with it. The fact the Michael Brown committed a robbery and then physically assaulted an officer, then continued to attack said officer were grounds for the officer to use deadly force. Which was backed up by the majority of the eye witnesses.Open and shut case for me. So get out of here with PC shit Phone Post 3.0

There is no proof that Brown EVER attacked the officer, much less "continued to attack said officer" and in fact not a single eyewitnesses said he did -- in fact, not a single eyewitness saw any attack by Brown at any point whatsoever. One or two saw "a struggle" at the car. There was disagreement as to whether he moved toward the officer or merely fell toward him before the fatal shots. Not to mention the officer had no idea that Brown had committed a robbery.

Which witnesses (the "majority" according to you) said Brown "continued to attack" Wilson?

"Open and shut case" should be for a jury to decide in a criminal trial.

Maybe you should actually read what the facts of the case are and what the witnesses said before you start whining about "PC shit". What the fuck is the matter with you?

orcus - There is no proof that Brown EVER attacked the officer, much less "continued to attack said officer" and in fact not a single eyewitnesses said he did -- in fact, not a single eyewitness saw any attack by Brown at any point whatsoever. One or two saw "a struggle" at the car. There was disagreement as to whether he moved toward the officer or merely fell toward him before the fatal shots. Not to mention the officer had no idea that Brown had committed a robbery.

Which witnesses (the "majority" according to you) said Brown "continued to attack" Wilson?

Maybe you should actually read what the facts of the case are and what the witnesses said before you start whining about "PC shit". What the fuck is the matter with you?

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2014/11/us/ferguson-grand-jury-docs/

Education yourself.

orcus - There is no proof that Brown EVER attacked the officer, much less "continued to attack said officer" and in fact not a single eyewitnesses said he did -- in fact, not a single eyewitness saw any attack by Brown at any point whatsoever. One or two saw "a struggle" at the car. There was disagreement as to whether he moved toward the officer or merely fell toward him before the fatal shots. Not to mention the officer had no idea that Brown had committed a robbery.

You must be getting all your facts from cnn. Phone Post 3.0

imagine the utopia if the whole usa was made up of ferguson protesters only

ranier wolfcastle - 

imagine the utopia if the whole usa was made up of ferguson protesters only

You can see that reality today.  Visit detroit, or better yet an even further look out, look at Liberia. 

I wonder how any of you would feel if a case never even went to trial where your son was shot to death by a police officer and several eyewitnesses said he was not attacking or charging and had his hands up.

They think the police are bad now wait until they have an all black police force. They wouldn't put up with half the bullshit white cops do and there wouldn't be a race card to be played.

Rev Al would be out of business Phone Post 3.0

orcus - I wonder how any of you would feel if a case never even went to trial where your son was shot to death by a police officer and several eyewitnesses said he was not attacking or charging and had his hands up.
Those witnesses also changed their story or admitted they didn't see the shooting and just heard about it.

Don't get me wrong it's a shitty situation and I feel for his parents. But you can't just believe people. Especially when you have other witnesses saying otherwise and the forensic evidence strongly suggests otherwise. Phone Post 3.0

Hired Gun - They think the police are bad now wait until they have an all black police force. They wouldn't put up with half the bullshit white cops do and there wouldn't be a race card to be played.

Rev Al would be out of business Phone Post 3.0

And lol at the way to reduce police brutality being to inject law enforcement with large numbers of individuals from what is, statistically speaking, the most violent demographic of people in the nation.

"Those witnesses also changed their story or admitted they didn't see the shooting and just heard about it."

All of them?

" the forensic evidence strongly suggests otherwise."

Which forensic evidence says Brown attacked Wilson or charged him after being shot multiple times?

I'm asking sincerely, do you have links? I haven't read everything about the case because honestly I got kind of sick of hearing about it.

orcus - "Those witnesses also changed their story or admitted they didn't see the shooting and just heard about it."

All of them?

" the forensic evidence strongly suggests otherwise."

Which forensic evidence says Brown attacked Wilson or charged him after being shot multiple times?

I'm asking sincerely, do you have links? I haven't read everything about the case because honestly I got kind of sick of hearing about it.

I posted the link to the grand jury testimony from CNN's website a couple posts up.

Free menthol cigarettes for life..? Phone Post 3.0