If the inspection sticker on my windshield...

is expired, but I have a new one on my seat beside me, is that a ticketable violation?  In other words, is NOT HAVING ONE a violation, or NOT HAVING ONE THAT IS DISPLAYED ON YOUR WINDSHIELD a violation?  If its the former, I might just leave my new one off and sitting besides me to waste cop's time when they pull me over again and again for it but I just show them the one beside me over and over again lol.

Thanks!

Ever consider creating less threads?

Not trying to be a dick, just asking. Remember, quality over quantity. 

Nitecrawler -

Ever consider creating less threads?

Not trying to be a dick, just asking. Remember, quality over quantity. 

And if you did already, you should reconsider

The laws around lakes are different, take that into account... And less but better threads seems like a good idea

Ask the office that does the car registrations and not the OG. 

Homeslice has to be the worst poster on here.

Bump for someone who might have something relevant to contribute to the subject matter of this thread.

Homeslice -

Bump for someone who might have something relevant to contribute to the subject matter of this thread.

Jesus Christ OP, stop using the OP as your personal Father when it comes to normal day to day issues. Look, you didn't have a Dad, i get it, it sucks. But can you just once try and figure something out, ANYTHING on your own?

Depends on if the cop wants to be a dick or not.

I once had my plate sticker expire and was going to put the new one on but it was raining. Cop pulled me over and gave me a pass.

What about getting a ticket put on your windshield for an expired tag while parked somewhere? You won't be there to show you have a valid tag, and then you'll have to go through the process of fighting the ticket

PatK - 

I once had my plate sticker expire and was going to put the new one on but it was raining. Cop pulled me over and gave me a pass.

Thank you for being the first to make a non-troll post PatK.  So it sounds like the crime is not not having it, but the crime is not having it displayed on your window.  Shucks if thats the case, there goes my fun lol.

Do you have it in the console next to your diarrhea medication?

sicko - 

What about getting a ticket put on your windshield for an expired tag while parked somewhere? You won't be there to show you have a valid tag, and then you'll have to go through the process of fighting the ticket

But can they even do that?  I think they have to catch you DRIVING with an expired sticker.  I don't think a car just sitting there with an old sticker is actionable.  That's why when you are at a gas station with an expired sticker for example, the cop passing by that sees it never just pulls in and gives you a ticket, because they can't - instead the pull in some neighboring parking lot and hide, then as soon as you pull out they pull you over.  THose little roaches...

Homeslice -
PatK - 

Thank you for being the first to make a non-troll post PatK.  So it sounds like the crime is not not having it, but the crime is not having it displayed on your window.  Shucks if thats the case, there goes my fun lol.

"Son, Son...stop being a douchenozzle and put the sticker on your car right away. I didn't raise you to become a twit that looks to start trouble with the men and women of law enforcement"

- What your Dad would have said to you, had you actually had one.

Homeslice -
sicko - 

But can they even do that?  I think they have to catch you DRIVING with an expired sticker.  I don't think a car just sitting there with an old sticker is actionable.  That's why when you are at a gas station with an expired sticker for example, the cop passing by that sees it never just pulls in and gives you a ticket, because they can't - instead the pull in some neighboring parking lot and hide, then as soon as you pull out they pull you over.  THose little roaches...

It might depend on the state, but I've gotten a ticket for an expired sticker on a car that was parked. It was parked on the side of the road though, so it was public. If it was parked on private property I don't think they could come on the property for the purpose of writing the ticket unless maybe if they're invited by the owner. I don't know for sure, but why are you wasting time even questioning it? How often are you pulled over that this would even be worth questioning 

sicko - 
Homeslice -
sicko - 

It might depend on the state, but I've gotten a ticket for an expired sticker on a car that was parked. It was parked on the side of the road though, so it was public. If it was parked on private property I don't think they could come on the property for the purpose of writing the ticket unless maybe if they're invited by the owner. I don't know for sure, but why are you wasting time even questioning it? How often are you pulled over that this would even be worth questioning 

That makes sense sicko.  I was just thinking it would be funny to keep getting pulled over because I didn't have a non-expired sticker, but then I actually had it besides me, so the cops would be wasting their time lol.  But sounds like they might be able to ticket me anyways, so I am aborting.  ABORT ABORT lol.

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

LOLOL Disco Dracula, always keeping in real!!!

sicko - 
Homeslice -
sicko - 

where I live, you can get ticketed for an expired tag, even if parked in your driveway.

If you're in your garage, it's okay