If the OG goes down, here is a backup forum

www.ogbackup.com

I bought the domain a year or so ago and switched from a paid host to just a simple redirect to a free forum service.

This is in NO WAY meant to replace the OG so don't think that. It's just that a lot of us have been here for many years and have grown close to the point of more or less being friends. 

Anyway, it's there to use only if this place goes down or we are suddenly unable to access it... we will at least know where we can meet up until things get sorted out here. 

So like next week? 

1 Like

In for more potential OG meat ups. 

I miss Yahooo chat.

kingofpancakes80 -

I miss Yahooo chat.

I actually searched for Yahoo chat rooms a few days ago and just found out that they discontinued them in like 2012 or 2014.

IRC is still a thing. Hexchat is what I use. 

Briscoe - 
kingofpancakes80 -

I miss Yahooo chat.

I actually searched for Yahoo chat rooms a few days ago and just found out that they discontinued them in like 2012 or 2014.

IRC is still a thing. Hexchat is what I use. 

Yes, I personally don't think facebook made it obsolete. I'm fine keeping these things seperate; If that is what happened. 

I miss the forums on imdb. I didn't post often, but they were a fun place to discuss ongoing shows. Fuck you Merryl Streep.

Pugilist82 -

I miss the forums on imdb. I didn't post often, but they were a fun place to discuss ongoing shows. Fuck you Merryl Streep.

What's the story with why they were taking down? Did she really have something to do with it?

There's already a backup, it's called TMMAC

TheDorkKnight -

I thought it was MatBattle.com?

Pugilist82 -

I loved them too :(

We will all become OGBU'ers?

TheDorkKnight - 

That's more of a MMA forum - a lot of banned or otherwise disgrunted UGers.  Last I looked the off-topic forum was pretty stagnant.