If the Rodney King arrest/whoopin' happened today?

And the cops were let off the hook the way they were then, would there still be riots?

It seems to me that things like that (or worse) happen all the time these days and the civil uproar doesn't go farther than griping about it on the internet.

Opinions?

Right I agree. So did *we just become more pussified as a society? The shit that happens now obviously wouldn't have flown back then.

*by "we" I mean black people, of course. They were really the only ones that did anything then.

Freaky_Hibiki - Right I agree. So did *we just become more pussified as a society? The shit that happens now obviously wouldn't have flown back then.

*by "we" I mean black people, of course. They were really the only ones that did anything then.
Not pussified but hardened and used to it. No protests have yielded major change post civil rights movement. Phone Post 3.0

The Gumball Kid - 
Freaky_Hibiki - Right I agree. So did *we just become more pussified as a society? The shit that happens now obviously wouldn't have flown back then.

And everyone else had a job and were at work during that time. It doesn't mean whites, asians, and hispanics didn't support equal rights as well.

Are you sure than no one who participated in the riots was employed?

Who knows.

Maybe ginger truck drivers will get toilet bowls smashed over their heads in an intersection.

Just speculation

The problem is you see it on the internet everyday. People have become more acceptable to it. Back then, it was something that you didn't see to often, so when the video was released, it was crazy. Phone Post 3.0

I don't see there being major riots, people are much more pacified these days for whatever reason. Violent crime in 2010 was 1/4th of the rate in 1994.

http://www.wanttoknow.info/g/violent_crime_rates_reduction