If there is on God...

...then who did all those Greeks and Romans talk to?

ummmm... on = one

Early Christians believed that they spoke to demons and fallen angels (eg. Tertullian, De Spectaculis 8; Lactantius, On The Deaths Of The Persecutors 10).

Interesting explanation ...is that the concensus regarding anyone that talks to more than one God...such as the Egyptians?

yes

yours in Christ

sherm

What about other religions? In what modern day religions (number of gods doesn't matter) is it believed that the followers talk to demons and fallen angels?

:-]...nice try

yours in Christ

sherm

seriously?

Hinduism?

Do the followers of the world's third largest religion talk to demons and fallen angels?

"For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many "gods" and many "lords"), yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

So Paul affirms this.

affirms what exactly?

that there are many things claiming to be lords and gods, and they in fact are in this world...but there is only one God...one True God...the rest are false...mostly people worshipping what they want thier God to be...the desires of thier hearts and lions and bellys.

...and when they are told the same about "the Christian God"?

I'm just trying to understand the "we are right and they are wrong" mentality.

thats not for me to answer......Youd have to find a greco roman apologist to answer that question. I can tell you why I believe that I am right...not why they believed I would by wrong.

JoshuaB, what makes you think that you are any more right than them? Faith? Well there are other people in other religions have as much or more Faith in their religion than you do you do in yours.

Thanks for letting my pick you brain a bit

1. Experience
2. Faith
3. Truth

I feel as though my experience has led me down this path. It is not the path I would have chosen for myself, In fact I tried to leave and pretty much was drug kicking and screaming back to the faith by what I feel was divine revelation to me. My faith grew because of this experience, and I have learned truth in ways I couldn't have before this. I have a hope in something that I know will happen...not like maybe one day I will win the lottery...like I already have won the lottery and one day I get to claim my prize. I don't expect this will answer all your objections, but I hope it helps you understand my perspective.

I am right, I am always right

the rev

Actually I think many people in this world actually worship the "true" God even though they were not "officially" apart of the common monotheistic religion of the time.

I found it interesting when reading in the book of asks that their were many Greeks and Romans, who the bible describes as God-fearing, who actually worshiped in the local synagogues. Many of them actually converted to Judasim, many didn't BUT still felt compelled to worship God in the synagogues. I personally feel they were lead to that place by God Himself (it is said that God is the one who actually leads people to worship Him).

Many of these God fearing gentiles became Christians. BUT before Christ came to this earth and did His work here these God fearing gentiles worshipped God in the best way they knew how. And I think this way was heavily influence by the Jews who already had an established monotheistic religion. So although many of these gentiles didn't "officially" become Jews they were already believers (being circumcised in their hearts because they believed) in God's eyes.

God has spoken to and ultimately converted pagans in the past, Nebuchadnezzar, Cyrus, Darius, Neco, Naaman are examples in the O.T.

As pointed out above, G-d spoke to all nations of earth. G-d has appointed prophets in all nations of the earth. But Moses is the greatest prophet and the Jewish people learn the most of G-d's plan (and therefore have the greatest responsibility).