If Vera doesn't re-sign w/ UFC....

Do you think that the UFC would put him up against Cro Cop for his last fight on the contract?

That is a high caliber fight and Cro Cop beating Vera does kind of take value out of Brandon Vera's name. Not saying that losing to Cro Cop is a bad thing, but losing before going to another organization has got to put a damper on the acquisition.

Doubtfull...Worst case scenario would be letting him sit out his contract, and have the fans forget about him...then give him a meaningless non-televised undercard match to send him on his way.

Sucks!

Why Brandon Why?!?!?

I like this idea, but it's a bit risky.

What if Vera Beats CroCop?

They could give him another fighter they want to get rid off. e.g. Pe De Pano.

No Vera is too good to risk him beating Cro Cop.

Vera v. Aldana in August. That would actually be a very good fight I think. I like both fighters.

you Vera nuthuggers are great. The guy hasn't beat anybody yet.

UFC would NEVER do that. Vera has a good 40% chance of beating Cro Cop

feed him to chuck, brandon already called him out.

Yup, let Chuck give him a going away beating!

They either match him up with a fighter that's on the way out or
somebody new. If he fights somebody new, a Vera win is no big loss to
the UFC and a win over Vera starts the momentum going for a new
fighter.

Vera best win is against mir who's washed up. He's beat some bums. Not sure if he's worth the big money yet. He could be but he shoudn't be so creedy.....anyway.....

How about Vera v Gonzaga? The UFC doesn't really lose no matter who wins.

capnsavem i understand you are a friend of brandon's i think he's the
future, but do you really think he'd beat chuck in 8 months, assuming
chuck is healthy?

"capnsavem i understand you are a friend of brandon's i think he's the future, but do you really think he'd beat chuck in 8 months, assuming chuck is healthy?"

I actually think Vera would have a really good chance of beating Chuck. The UFC needs to get another fighter at 205 who can strike. Rampage is a start, but hes still not really a striker.

Either way, if Vera really is on his way out (which nobody is 100% sure of yet) they wont give him anyone with a high profile, and obviously not Chuck (if they wont give him a title fight at HW, why would they at LHW?). I think it is a shame if the UFC lets him slip away to Showtime or whoever. Vera is a good fighter and will probably be a big star in the sport.