If Weidman Loses To Rockhold Again...

eljamaiquino -
Outlaw'd by Lytle - I'm not sure Chris could be competitive at 205.

I think Chris should avoid rushing into a rematch with Luke, bide his time a little. He's young enough to keep himself in the mix.

Another loss so soon would be very risky to his longevity IMO. Phone Post 3.0
Before the loss, Chris and his fans were talking about fighting Bones at MSG! Now he can't be competitive? What a fall from grace..... Phone Post 3.0
I don't think anyone took his claims of defeating Jones seriously...

I hope not anyway. Phone Post 3.0

Sorry if it's a dumb question, I may have missed it but have they announced an immediate rematch vs Rockhold? Phone Post 3.0

Outlaw'd by Lytle - Is he finished? Will he become the JDS of the Middleweight division? Phone Post 3.0
Anderson silva of the middleweight division? Phone Post 3.0

UK Rampage - Sorry if it's a dumb question, I may have missed it but have they announced an immediate rematch vs Rockhold? Phone Post 3.0
No but according to Rockhold, Weidman is harassing Dana to organise the fight. Rockhold is happy to oblige. Phone Post 3.0

Attila - Hell no. He probably hasn't even reached his prime yet and I don't think he's the type to get discouraged and give up just because he lost a couple fights.
I think he has. He's been plagued with injuries his whole career. He lucked out by getting the Silva fight just by literally sitting on his couch and not taking fights.

He showed up deflated for his last fight.

His wrestling is only going to get worse as his knees deteriorate, and without that, his striking won't be as effective.

He's going to fight younger guys now, who aren't intimidated at all.

He won't be able to duplicate his previous success imo... Phone Post 3.0

eljamaiquino -
Attila - Hell no. He probably hasn't even reached his prime yet and I don't think he's the type to get discouraged and give up just because he lost a couple fights.
I think he has. He's been plagued with injuries his whole career. He lucked out by getting the Silva fight just by literally sitting on his couch and not taking fights.

He showed up deflated for his last fight.

His wrestling is only going to get worse as his knees deteriorate, and without that, his striking won't be as effective.

He's going to fight younger guys now, who aren't intimidated at all.

He won't be able to duplicate his previous success imo... Phone Post 3.0
You make a good point about fighters not being intimidated. Once a fighter is defeated, especially in convincing fashion, they lose that fear factor.

It also has an effect on the defeated fighters psychology, to what extent, only time will tell... Phone Post 3.0

Outlaw'd by Lytle -
UK Rampage - Sorry if it's a dumb question, I may have missed it but have they announced an immediate rematch vs Rockhold? Phone Post 3.0
No but according to Rockhold, Weidman is harassing Dana to organise the fight. Rockhold is happy to oblige. Phone Post 3.0
This rematch shit is getting out of hand...if a guy is dominated and finished...no controversy and no if's and but's about it what's the point in a rematch? Werdum vs Cain....NO!! Rockhold vs Weidmann....NO!! Holm vs Rousey....NO!! Phone Post 3.0

UK Rampage -
Outlaw'd by Lytle -
This rematch shit is getting out of hand...if a guy is dominated and finished...no controversy and no if's and but's about it what's the point in a rematch? Werdum vs Cain....NO!! Rockhold vs Weidmann....NO!! Holm vs Rousey....NO!! Phone Post 3.0
Agreed. Phone Post 3.0

Goddamn, you guys think once someone loses they're done, never were that good, and should retire.

Everyone loses, Rockhold got fucked up quickly by vitor, and look where he is now.
Werdum one punched by JDS, but is a champ now.... rda got beat by guida, demolished by a Russian, and is a champ now. Conor almost retired, look at him now.

Chuck got beat down by rampage in pride, badly, then by Randy badly, then ko'd Randy twice and was the most popular champ at the time when MMA blew up.

And Mark Hunt..... If you don't know his whole story look it up.

MMA isn't boxing, everyone loses, because the best fight the best and there's so many ways to lose, and 1 mistake can cost you the fight.
Weidman could very well come back, lose to Rockhold again, and still have a chance to make a come back. His striking can improve A LOT, and he's still learning.

I'm not even a Weidman nut hugger, this shit of a fighter being done after a loss is rediculous. Phone Post 3.0

Question is if a guy hypothetically loses his 2nd fight ever is he finished? Lol

Great thread Phone Post 3.0

Ghost of Retard - Goddamn, you guys think once someone loses they're done, never were that good, and should retire.

Everyone loses, Rockhold got fucked up quickly by vitor, and look where he is now.
Werdum one punched by JDS, but is a champ now.... rda got beat by guida, demolished by a Russian, and is a champ now. Conor almost retired, look at him now.

Chuck got beat down by rampage in pride, badly, then by Randy badly, then ko'd Randy twice and was the most popular champ at the time when MMA blew up.

MMA isn't boxing, everyone loses, because the best fight the best and there's so many ways to lose, and 1 mistake can cost you the fight.
Weidman could very well come back, lose to Rockhold again, and still have a chance to make a come back. His striking can improve A LOT, and he's still learning.

I'm not even a Weidman nut hugger, this shit of a fighter being done after a loss is rediculous. Phone Post 3.0
It was a question to explore the potential impact of that fight and loss.

In no way did I say it would categorically send Chris into a downward spiral of doom into an abyss of despair and hopelessness.

Prior to the loss, Weidman felt untouchable, like he was unbeatable. Stating with certainty he could go up to LHW and smash Jones.

My question was to stimulate debate on whether that loss would have an adverse impact to that outlook and Weidman's confidence.

You've provided fantastic examples of fighters using a defeat as catalyst for achieving greatness. You've brought a much needed sense of equilibrium to this thread; for that I thank you.

In no way did I mean to upset you, I see you as a Father, your feelings matter to me. Phone Post 3.0

Ghost of Retard - Goddamn, you guys think once someone loses they're done, never were that good, and should retire.

There are 2 points to be made here.  The point you make, I get.

However-

Rockhold-Became champion without avenging his loss. Didn't beat Vitor(Top fighter at the time of Luke's run to the title)

Werdum-Became champion without avenging his loss. Didn't beat JDS(Top fighter at the time of Werdum's run to title)

Chuck-Never beat Rampage

Mark Hunt-Has never avenged any of his 10 losses

So when it comes to Weidman, I personally HOPE he become Champion again, however I personally think the only way that happens is by doing it the same way RDA, Rockhold, and Werdum did, which is by not having to fight a guy who beat them on the way to a title shot.  

If someone thinks the only way Chris Weidman become champion again is by beating Luke, I would say that they are not crazy to think that Weidman won't ever beat Luke therefor won't ever become champion again.

However looking at your post and your examples, for sure Chris could be champion again. He could do it by Luke losing to Vitor again, and Chris beating Vitor, or something like that(Maybe Jacare).

In your opinion, what do you have Chris Weidman's chances in terms of beating Luke Rockhold?

UK Rampage - 
Outlaw'd by Lytle -

True.

But Lawler/Condit, I would like to see that fight tomorrow so that we can actually see a FINISH, and see who actually is the better fighter.

Agree?

Ray Cappa - Wait for the new weight classes. He said he was 193 - too light - before the Cockhold fight. 175 would be doable. Phone Post 3.0

THIS. and what on earth did he think he was doing cutting to 193 when what he was doing before was working so well. If its not broke do not fix it. How many times have we seen fighters change there game only to lose. Retarded.

D241 -
UK Rampage - 
Outlaw'd by Lytle -

True.

But Lawler/Condit, I would like to see that fight tomorrow so that we can actually see a FINISH, and see who actually is the better fighter.

Agree?

I agree but he was referring to one sided beat downs... Phone Post 3.0

Just making sure we're all on the same page.

OGT - Question is if a guy hypothetically loses his 2nd fight ever is he finished? Lol

That's clearly not what the thread is about. Phone Post 3.0

Brabatross -
OGT - Question is if a guy hypothetically loses his 2nd fight ever is he finished? Lol

Folk like that are not with engaging with. Small mindedness comes with a low IQ. Phone Post 3.0

Outlaw'd by Lytle -
Brabatross -

Folk like that are not with engaging with. Small mindedness comes with a low IQ. Phone Post 3.0
Lol! Phone Post 3.0

I think Chris underestimated Luke a little to much and payed for it. In a rematch I believe Chris will use a much more wrestling emphasized game plan avoiding the standing game with Luke using Gnp and top control to grind it out . Imo in a rematch we see a much more aggressive and improved Chris. Luke looked like he was on a totally different level on fight night, but I think Chris maul's him given a second chance . Phone Post 3.0