If Weidman Smashes Anderson Easily, Do You...

...think that he would still be written off (in a superfight) against Jones? Or would the UG be like, "Man, I don't know. This one is a toss-up."? Phone Post 3.0

I'm just curious and felt like making a thread. All of this is just hypothetical. Phone Post 3.0

I think there will be a lot more people saying Jones would win if Weidman beats him. On that note. I hope Anderson has stepped up his wrestling in his camp. Phone Post 3.0

I'm pretty sure he doesn't even smash him easily in his wettest wildest dreams... and if he does he better phone Ed and appologize.

Would kind or depend how, but if he can't deal with Weidman's strength and takedowns he probably wouldn't do better against Jones Phone Post

Swallow my own load?

Yes. Phone Post 3.0

Yes, I don't think many would be nearly as confident in silva anymore. And that super fight would likely be squashed anyway. Phone Post 3.0

Weidman is gonna have to beat Silva twice.

no, but if Anderson can handle weidmans wrestling that will make the Jones?Anderson superfight even more compelling.

I don't think Silva loses, but if he does I think people would have to reevaluate how they think a fight with Jones would go down.

Here's my opinion of what happens in Weidman v Silva (by percentage):
Silva by TKO/KO - 75%
Silva by sub - 5%
Silva by dec - 10%
Weidman by TKO - 10% (would be GnP after wrestling dominance, not standing TKO)
Weidman by sub or dec - 0%

So, in my opinion, if Weidman wins it's because he was able to use his wrestling to take Silva down and GnP to TKO. If he can do it imagine what JBJ could do.

Again, I'm fairly certain Silva takes Weidman.

If Weidman were to come out and do a Cain vs Bigfoot type of beating him easily performance then I'd be hard pressed to bet against him against Jones.

If he simply takes him down and is able to gnp a bit and it goes 5 rounds then theres no way I bet on him beating Jones.

Kings21 - If Weidman were to come out and do a Cain vs Bigfoot type of beating him easily performance then I'd be hard pressed to bet against him against Jones.

If he simply takes him down and is able to gnp a bit and it goes 5 rounds then theres no way I bet on him beating Jones.
This Phone Post 3.0

IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap -
Kings21 - If Weidman were to come out and do a Cain vs Bigfoot type of beating him easily performance then I'd be hard pressed to bet against him against Jones.

This Phone Post 3.0

I honestly dont see Weidman.being a threat to jones, stylewise Jones is a nightmare for weidman, he'd put weidman.on.his.back and.pound him out quickfast.

Jones is on of.the best in.the world and would have a lot.of size on him. Phone Post

^not trying to disrespect weidman but its rare someone moves from.their natural weightclass and does as well. Phone Post

I don't think anyone at 205 can beat Jones at the moment let alone 185. Phone Post 3.0

Glover! Phone Post 3.0

I'm still not riding the weidman hype train. Phone Post

Devlin - 
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap -

This Phone Post 3.0

I honestly dont see Weidman.being a threat to jones, stylewise Jones is a nightmare for weidman, he'd put weidman.on.his.back and.pound him out quickfast.

Jones is on of.the best in.the world and would have a lot.of size on him. Phone Post

the only point i would make, is that Weidman is really fighting below his natural weight, or at least where he wrestled.... he did beat Bader and Phil Davis at the NCAA tourney...

but i have to think that he's most comfortable at 185 now, based off his performances....

CRMartin11 - Anderson Silva and Jones won't fight. After UFC 159 Anderson asked for GSP. I guarantee it.

But to entertain your question yes even the UG would realize Anderson is no threat for Jones after that happening.

The only superfights we have a chance at seeing are Aldo - Bendo, Pettis - Bendo, Bendo - GSP or Jones - Cain. Jones vs Cain would be a fucking huge fight!

GSP won't step up to fight Anderson and Anderson won't step up to fight Jones.

Jones is only hope for a HUGE SUPERFIGHT!

^i gotta agree with this...

^^^ Yeah, but Chael almost beat Silva. Weidman is a better version of Chael IMO, so it's not like he doesn't have a chance.