If/When the UFC Goes Woke

They stood behind Joe Rogan after his latest controversy. Every other major sports company in the world would have fired him and immediately issued an apology and donated money to a social justice cause.

Dana White has spoken at the RNC and openly supported Trump, which no other major sports head would even consider publicly.

There is a reason Redditors and Twitter blue-checks are attacking the UFC more aggressively than usual lately. It’s not for the virtuous reasons they pretend. There’s a reason articles about “Dana White Privilege” are becoming more commonplace. UFC is one of the last major sports or market entities that haven’t caved to woke culture.

If the UFC goes woke, will you stop watching?

4 Likes

I am borderline on it now just from espn being involved.

Id drop it instantly if they go woke.

3 Likes

I watch UFC with much less enthusiasm nowadays. Cards are dilute and bad and ESPN caters to the masses. It already has WOKE\progressive signs that harm the product (such as WMMA and its commentators). Going further WOKE/progressive will harm the product even more and will likely result in me abandoning ship as I did with the NBA.

1 Like

Say more about how the UFC has gone woke beyond adding women.

Personally I feel the product suffered mostly from adding many many more events and the UFC refusing to build and then retain stars.

1 Like

You don’t seem to understand that “woke” and DWP (2 completely diff things) is all about whatever is best for their bottom line. They don’t give AF about anything but their own money just like both political parties in the US.

Also thr Rose Carla fight was utter shit but Rose has a super high finishing and drop rate.