IF WRESTLEMANIA DOES HUGE NUMBERS...

I use to watch wrestling when Kane still had a mask, is it still pretty huge in the USA? Phone Post

With Brock losing and now gone there is no doubt you CANNOT beat 2010, with him on a tear and a healthy gsp.

The mma bubble is done. Expect slow steady growth from here on in I say... (realistically setting as side new countries into the mix like Sweden, India etc...)

Brock was 500k in buys every time he showed up. He was smart getting out when he did as it kept his brand in tact. Phone Post

Lux Fixxins -  Apples / Oranges Phone Post

more like Oranges/Tangertines

fna - 
really?
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/244981-wwe-2011-ppv-buy-rate-information-vs-2010-numbers
looks like aside from 1 event a year wwe ppv numbers are pretty shitty too....only 2 events in 2011 with over 300k ppv buys.

Good info. Thanks.

I think this ppv is going to do really big numbers. I haven't seen a WM in almost 10 years and this event even brought me out of the woodwork. I think a lot of casual fans and even non fans got caut up in the buzz for this event as it was all over the media and was trending on major outlets leading up like Twitter, Yahoo and Google News.

I bet they do close to 1 million buys.

I can't believe people still watch that stuff honestly. Phone Post

Zuffa could learn a lot from the WWE when it comes to production and making fights feel "big"

Most pro wrestling media are predicting slightly over 1 million guys for Wrestlemania.

anyone get the numbers? \

i would have thought these UFC number would have been much bigger! we still have a long way to go with our sport becoming mainstream. just my humble opinion.

Sub for the PPV numbers Phone Post

Jason Reinhardt - i would have thought these UFC number would have been much bigger! we still have a long way to go with our sport becoming mainstream. just my humble opinion.

Yep..

Wrestlemania 28 gate: $8.9 million
MMA Payout, 3 April 2012
Wrestlemania 28 set records yesterday with a record gate of $8.9 million. It also set records for the largest crowd at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, Florida with 78,363 attendees and the highest grossing live event in WWE history. WWE stock is up slightly at $8.83 near the close of Monday's trading.
Via WWE press release: "The previous Sun Life Stadium attendance record was 77,912 for the BCS National Championship in 2005. Its highest grossing entertainment event was U2 on June 29, 2011, grossing more than $7.5 million. WrestleMania XXVIII (28) surpassed the 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania in Houston, which grossed $7.2 million. This marks the third consecutive year WrestleMania broke the gross entertainment event record of the host venue."

I wonder how many ppv buys

john joe -
GSP24 - I think it would be brilliant if WWE and UFC worked together in some capacity. There is such an opportunity for crossover fans to enjoy both.

not at all, that would be terrible for MMA and its credibility

i fucking hate pro wrestling; i cannot for the life of me understand how anyone can sit and watch that shit.

This Phone Post

chokeyou -

Not sure where you got your numbers, but a lot of them are WAYYY off