If you could be happy, really happy, for just...

...a while, but you knew from the start that it would end in sadness and pain afterwards, would you choose to have happiness or would you avoid it?

Avoid. Who the fuck wants to be sad? Phone Post 3.0

I would think that certain knowledge would spoil the happiness.

Likewise, knowing that you'll be very happy afterward would make a period of sadness all the more tolerable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aF9AJm0RFc

Kostakio - I hope you aren't thinking about trying heroin.

Make your everyday life really happy and you wont worry about doomed fleeting happiness.

I was sitting in my house this morning having a cup of coffee and I was really really happy.

SnapLocally - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aF9AJm0RFc

Thanks.

Are you talking about marriage?

I'd focus more on being able to handle sadness and pain so that i can enjoy happiness and be content with it without fearing that it will go away

justingore - Are you talking about marriage?
Lol, vtfu Phone Post 3.0

Kostakio - ...a while, but you knew from the start that it would end in sadness and pain afterwards, would you choose to have happiness or would you avoid it?

Anyone answering no has never done anything in their life worth doing.

It's all about mindset brah. There's no reason you can't be really happy all the time. You have to choose to be. Everything else happens around you, not inside of you. 

Everything you know and love comes to an end.

Everything.

people buy dogs all the time.

Tweener -
Kostakio - ...a while, but you knew from the start that it would end in sadness and pain afterwards, would you choose to have happiness or would you avoid it?

Well said.

If you live in the moment and are content in all circumstances, this scenario is inevitable. Phone Post 3.0

Life contains an endless variety of sadness and pain, grab up the good things and don't look back. Don't pass up a chance to be truly happy, even momentarily, and certainly not for fear of pain. Those who hesitate, masturbate. Phone Post 3.0

Tweener -

Voted up. Phone Post 3.0

THATS LIFE BRO. ABSOLUTELY.

As someone that has felt miserable for a long time...like worst rock bottom that I could possibly imagine...and am finally coming out of it: absolutely not.

Though we are all ultimately going to die, there are things worse than death. I would like to think since my life was literally destroyed in every way imaginable and ways i couldnt possibly have imagined...I now have the tools to face anything that can be thrown at me. Doesnt mean it will be easy, but at least I can get some enjoyment out of life and keep moving forward.

Adversity breeds strength and character. Id rather get the bad out of the way than live in a fools paradise waiting for the hammer to come down.

This describes every experience I've ever had at Taco Bell.