If you could only play one video game for...

the rest of your life, what would it be and why?

I'm not even sure what I would choose at this point. I'm leaning towards Tetris as its super addicting and never gets old. I'm pretty addicted to Hearthstone right now, but I've only been playing it since it was in open beta so it hasn't proven its longevity yet.

Obviously there are a ton of amazing games to consider, but I think choosing just one means you have to look past just amazing games and find one that has amazing reply value and the ability to change over time to keep you engaged.

That's the reason I'm currently thinking of games like Tetris or Hearthstone or even maybe an MMO since those evolve over time.

I'm curious as to what other people think and open to changing my mind given a solid argument.

IDK man, I've been playing Megaman 2 at least once a year for the past 22-25 years..

I guess, realistically... probably Pacman CE DX+  Tons of challenge and you can always beat your own time.
I'm also fairly decent (#145 currently on the PSN board) at it.

SlapUsilly - 

IDK man, I've been playing Megaman 2 at least once a year for the past 22-25 years..

I guess, realistically... probably Pacman CE DX+  Tons of challenge and you can always beat your own time.

I'm also fairly decent (#145 currently on the PSN board) at it.

I have that Pacman game on Xbox 360. Its pretty fun. I don't think I've ever played mega man 2 to be honest. That's on NES right?

Mega man 2 is an excellent choice. (Yeah it's on nes and a bunch of compilations.) I play it probably every year or so. Fire pro wrestling is another possibility though that's a niche title Phone Post 3.0

Probably The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. I got all the achievements 200 hours ago and still play pretty regularly.

Other possibilities:

Super Metroid
Super Mario World Phone Post 3.0

MahatmaPetey - Probably The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. I got all the achievements 200 hours ago and still play pretty regularly.

Other possibilities:

Super Metroid

Explain how Binding of Isaac works if you don't mind. I've seen it played briefly on twitch but didn't understand what the guy was doing. Its a roguelike game with permadeath right?

I was thinking about buying for 15 bucks on the Wii U but wasn't sure if I'd like it or not.

Convince me to spend money!

without a doubt, world of warcraft in it's prime

Hurtsogood -
MahatmaPetey - Probably The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. I got all the achievements 200 hours ago and still play pretty regularly.

Other possibilities:

Super Metroid

Explain how Binding of Isaac works if you don't mind. I've seen it played briefly on twitch but didn't understand what the guy was doing. Its a roguelike game with permadeath right?

I was thinking about buying for 15 bucks on the Wii U but wasn't sure if I'd like it or not.

Yup, it's a roguelike with permadeath. A full run usually takes between 30-50 minutes, depending on how you play. There are a few different characters you can play as, all with different stats, 100s of items to unlock. It can seem daunting at first, not knowing what any of the items do, but once you get going half the fun is seeing how different items synergize with each other.

The levels layouts are randomly generated, but there's a set path with some variations. You start in the Basement/Cellar, then go to the Caves/Catacombs, then the Depths/Necropolis, etc. Lots of different enemy types and bosses. Every run is different.

The new expansion, Afterbirth, comes out later this month. Totally worth it! Phone Post 3.0

JimSteele - without a doubt, world of warcraft in it's prime

This is a good answer and one of my finalists for my choice. It depends if I have friends to play with because that makes the difference for me in that game.

MahatmaPetey - 
Hurtsogood -

Other possibilities:

Super Metroid

Yup, it's a roguelike with permadeath. A full run usually takes between 30-50 minutes, depending on how you play. There are a few different characters you can play as, all with different stats, 100s of items to unlock. It can seem daunting at first, not knowing what any of the items do, but once you get going half the fun is seeing how different items synergize with each other.

The levels layouts are randomly generated, but there's a set path with some variations. You start in the Basement/Cellar, then go to the Caves/Catacombs, then the Depths/Necropolis, etc. Lots of different enemy types and bosses. Every run is different.

The new expansion, Afterbirth, comes out later this month. Totally worth it! Phone Post 3.0

Sounds really cool. I have played Don't Starve a decent amount and found that to be really fun. It has permadeath and doesn't hold your hand with anything either. I lot of experimentation and exploration which is a lot of fun.

I may end up checking this Isaac game out. Thanks.

I hope you like it! I like Don't Starve a lot from what I've played, but haven't put the time in to really know what I'm doing yet. I love the art style, and it's the first game I've played where crafting actually kind of makes sense to me, lol. Phone Post 3.0

i would quit. no 1 game would last that long . i would prolly end up hating the game i used to love

if i am forced to pick i would prolly pick wow because while it is 1 game it changes every year with a expo atleast

MahatmaPetey - I hope you like it! I like Don't Starve a lot from what I've played, but haven't put the time in to really know what I'm doing yet. I love the art style, and it's the first game I've played where crafting actually kind of makes sense to me, lol. Phone Post 3.0

Yea its a lot of fun and can also be frustrating when you are trying to figure out what the hell is going on sometimes. After playing and learning the game for a while I ended up getting a wiki app for it on my phone so I could actually see if the things I thought I was doing correctly even made sense and if I was completely missing the point of the game in some parts.

Drunkie - i would quit. no 1 game would last that long . i would prolly end up hating the game i used to love

if i am forced to pick i would prolly pick wow because while it is 1 game it changes every year with a expo atleast

That's a good point. I would probably need a game that evolves and has sort of endless possibilities like wow otherwise I might just never play games again if I only have the one to choose from.

Battlefield 4 or Forza. Phone Post 3.0

Uncharted multiplayer co-op arena.
I'm trying to play as many games as so can until it comes out because I know then I won't have the patience to play anything else. Phone Post 3.0

Starcraft for sure. Phone Post 3.0

The Mitch Mitchell Experience - Quake 3 Phone Post 3.0

:) i so used to love that game. i played ut also, but i always liked quake better. quake 4 sadly just never took off like 3 did. non stop action unlike todays shooters

Sensible soccer! Phone Post 3.0

Something like Skyrim or Fallout 4 when it comes out. There are so many mods you can rebuild it into basically brand new games as many times as you want.