If you had a daughter who wanted

My daughters {7 and 9}
Train with us in a MMA setting, they are smooth with takedowns, punch defenses and have half a dozen solid subs. HELL YES! I would let them fight when they are of age they will be solid in the game with ten years of training by the time they hit 16 why not?
jason

It would be great if I had a daughter who was into mma.

"My daughters {7 and 9} Train with us in a MMA setting, they are smooth with takedowns, punch defenses and have half a dozen solid subs. HELL YES! I would let them fight when they are of age they will be solid in the game with ten years of training by the time they hit 16 why not? jason"

That's pretty cool! Plus, when your girls get in an argument you could say. "Okay, ladies let's take it to the mats."

Getting hit a few times in MMA is nothing like the impact of repeated
blows in boxing. As long as it is her decision, why not?

If a woman can give birth, then in my opinion, she can fight.

As long as she is prepared!

Boy or girl .... I would let my kid do whatever sport they had interest in. I would however not let them fight if I didnt think they where ready. Same goes for any adult.

chauvanistic bastards are the ones that would let their son but not their daughter fight

I honestly wouldn't like it. But I don't really like watching women fight at all. Though I do love when my woman gets off by watching me beat someones ass. ANd no I am not trying to say the way I think is right, but its how I feel about the issue. If she wanted to though I wouldn't stop her, but I would make her spar me, (when I was 14 and wanted to box my father who was an amatuer boxer made me box him and after I can't remember maybe 3 minutes I left my left hand down and he hit me with a right so hard I just instantly fell down and couldn't stand back up though I kept trying too). He told me after that "That's the only time you're allowed to be knocked out." I love Old school hard asses lol.

I would never want to see my daughter injured. That said if she
understood the art and put in the time and effort to be the best she
could be, I would not stand in her way.

She is her own person and I would never tell her she couldn't acheive
her dream.

"also, a lot of the traditional running/jumping sports are being found
to give women a diproportianate number of crippling knee injuries (i
think because of the different hip/knee/foot alignment). also,
gymnastics and cheerleading have had numerous deaths and have a
much worse safety record than MMA."

You can pick between those or broken orbital bones and noses from
punches or ligament damage from arm bars etc. They are all
dangerous in one way or another but, that would not prevent me from
letting her participate.

Interesting how many people defend MMA for its safety and then go on to say they wouldnt let their son or daughter do it.Sounds a little hypocritical to me. If my daughter is interested I am all for it.

Absolutely. This sport is blind to all race, gender and spirituality. I would fully encourage, support and assist
in any way I could, though as powerhockey explained...I
would outline all the sacrifices and pain that is involved and assure my son/daughter that this something
they must want without any doubts.

I wonder how many of you saying they would let there daughter, have a daughter? I look at my 8 month old daughter and say hell no!

heh I've gotten hurt more from Judo, the "gentle way," than mma. :P

If I had a daughter I would let her fight MMA.

I got you kwik.

bk3rdgree -

What weight division is your 8 month-old daughter in?

My 16 month-old daughter is a mega-ultra-flyweight and looking to improve her record.

"bk3rdgree -

What weight division is your 8 month-old daughter in?

My 16 month-old daughter is a mega-ultra-flyweight and looking to improve her record."

Be careful there Mindsweeper, those 8 month old kids are purely ground game. No standup skills yet! Your girl probably has some standup at 16 months!

lol

I remember when my daughter was 8 months old, and was purely a Crawl-and-Brawl style fighter...

Nice thing about 8 month-olds is that you don't have to spend money on mouthguards.

LOL Rob. :)