If You’ve Never Heard of God/Religion and Trip...

...do you get the transcendent, “ego death” experience that so many do after taking hallucinogens? 

A hippy said smoking toad venom could “make an atheist believe in god.” If the absence or possibility of god is not a consideration then what happens? Is that an impossibility as humans are incapable of not imagining a creator?

discuss. 

Believing in a god is a nice crutch to use when something cant be explained.

Mushroom Slap - Believing in a god is a nice crutch to use when something cant be explained.

Thanks for this contribution. 

Mushroom Slap - Believing in a god is a nice crutch to use when something cant be explained.

This is an interesting and unique insight that I have never heard expressed before.

If something can be transcended,then what was previously thought or believed to be true or "the reality" must have been a false presumption,idea or conclusion.

Before "ego death",and the fact that up to that point nothing has proven otherwise,there is the forgone conclusion that "this is me" "this is who I am". All of that which makes up what you consider "you".

"Ego death" is having all of that stripped away and shown to be a fabrication or illusion of ideas and/or beliefs that you falsely misidentified as being you and what you consider true about reality.

Mushroom Slap - Believing in a god is a nice crutch to use when something cant be explained.

You’re deep and insightful comments are at the cutting edge of 14 year old thought. 

MickColins -

You’re deep and insightful comments are at the cutting edge of 14 year old thought. 

Prove him wrong, pumpkin.

ieswideopen - 
MickColins -

Prove him wrong, pumpkin.

Your rejoinder is powerful and will end all further argument.