(IFL) PROPOSES 4 ADDITIONAL TEAMS

Teams Are Expected to Be Based in Brazil, France, San Diego and South Korea Added for IFL Second Season

INTERNATIONAL FIGHT LEAGUE (IFL) PROPOSES FOUR ADDITIONAL TEAMS FOR 2008 SEASON

Teams Are Expected to Be Based in Brazil, France, San Diego and South Korea Added for IFL Second Season

The International Fight League (OTC.BB: IFLI - News), the world's first team-based professional mixed martial arts league, today announced that it proposes to add four teams expected to begin competition with the 2008 season. The addition of these four teams, expected to be based in Brazil, France, San Diego and South Korea, would bring the number of IFL squads to 17, with 12 competing in the first 11-date IFL season (which begins January 19, 2007, at ORACLE Arena in Oakland, Calif.) and an expected five more to begin in January 2008.

"We are very excited to continue our worldwide growth with the opportunity to add these four teams for 2008," said IFL Co-founder and Commissioner Kurt Otto. "Making this announcement now gives these teams the ability to train together with world champion coaches for a full year so that they are ready to go for their first full season in 2008."

Expected to coach the four new teams are PRIDE welterweight champion Dan Henderson (coaching a San Diego-based team), 2000 K-1 world champion and world super heavyweight champion Jerome LeBanner (coaching a French team), four-time Korean national champion of judo (coaching a South Korean-based team) and three time world jiu-jitsu champion Mario Sperry (coaching a Brazilian team). These four are in addition to the 2008 British team to be coached by Ian Freeman that was announced in late September. Nicknames and logos for the new squads are to be announced.

the French team is gonna own the world....slowly but surely

The French Team? You know their logo is gonna be a Frog.

too many teams imo

The French team will use a white flag and tap quickly IMO

"The French team will use a white flag and tap quickly IMO"

That is hilarious.

Telfo the more the better.

"That is hilarious. "

hummmmmmmm...are you a 12 years old retard? That is the only reason why someone would find this stupid overused jokes funny. Unless, you were sarcastic?

lol you haters...you wish you lived like me in the center of Paris and fucked each weeks a beautifull and different parisian girls....

lol

The only thing funny on this thread is the collective stupidity of rednecks.

It's probably the most predictable thing on the UG, any thread that even mentions the french will contain the following.

"LOL WHY DON'T YOU SURRENDER FRENCHIE!"

"FROG!"

and

"WE SAVED YOUR ASS IN WWII!!" (still waiting for this one).

Im not a redneck, thank you very much.

The Guillotines would be a good name.
How about The Revolutionaries?
No, wait, i got it.....The Marie Antoinettes!

I forgot about the Paris Napoleans.

I mean the pastry, not the short guy with the small dick.

On second thought they can be named after the guy.

I'm honestly no fan of the french. Was working at a breakfast buffet at a hotel last summer and every single frenchman that came in there was an arrogant prick.

That doesn't change the fact that the jokes are predictable and stupid. If memory serves me, the reason for this contempt is largely because France didn't agree with USA's methods in their war on terror, and the subsequent PR campaign following it to discredit all and everything french in the media (freedom fries anyone?). Funny thing is that a large portion of USA (which propably still makes jokes about France and doesn't remember when it started) now also disagrees with USA's handling of the war on terror.

i dont care about that, i just like to poke fun.

I just havent gotten around to making fun of the Brazillians or Koreans.

If memory serves me, the reason for this contempt is largely because France didn't agree with USA's methods in their war on terror...

Your memory fails you... the contempt began long before the war on terror, mon frere.

Scorpions and Piranhas will be two of the team names...

Well i remember quite clearly the wave of these jokes coming at that exact time and then fizzing out a bit, but always lingering around. I'm pretty sure a whole new generation was introduced to lame jokes about france as a result of that.

I don't mind people making fun, but jesus at least try to be a bit more original. What's even more painful then people making bad jokes is the number of people laughing at it.

San Diego Pollos

San Diego Border Brothers

Before you get up in arms, i was born in Mexico.

Could be cool. Maybe we'll see some Savateurs.

I think the team aspect would be more exciting if they gave more points for a sub or ko and only one point for a decision.