IFL stock taking it deep

IFLI is taking it deep in the ass this morning, stock is down $1.25 aprox 21%. I know there are some guys on here that trade it, just figured I'd give ya's a heads up.

The event in the Quad Cities this weekend was awesome. Had a great time.

No problem, thought I would let ya know.

Rory's fight was amazing

Tbid, do you know when they are going to air those fights on MNTV?  I want to see that point deduction they gave Ben and see if it was a load of crap like people are saying.

and I want to see Rory's KO

The point deduction was fucking ridiculous. Horrible reffing.

Momentum carried Rothwell into the ropes and his arm sort of went over the top rop, there was no grab, or even locking his arm on the rope for there was no reason to.

It was simply momentum, then the ref deducted a point right away, I was shocked. No warning issued, nothing.

Rory got dropped in the 1st round and Healy was relentless with his attacks, heavy GnP and takedowns had him running away with the round.

Ror turned it up about halfway through the second round and started bringing the fight to Healy, landing huge punches, and a superman at the end of the 2nd.

The 3rd was all Rory, Healy was visably gassed and attempted 2 or 3 takedowns that Rory just wasn't having and stuffed each attempt.

Then the barrages started coming in with Rory landing combo on top of combo, eventually landing a huge right straight that set up the finishing uppercut.

It was insane, the crowd was going nuts.

and no, I don't know when they are planning on airing that night on Battleground.

" The point deduction was fucking ridiculous. Horrible reffing. "

I know it's easy to come on here and spout off about things when you are not in the know. The fact is that in the rules meeting there was a 20 minute discussion on what to do if there was rope grabbing. Seems there was some controversy from the last IFL fight where a fighter grabbed the ropes... Anyway, all the fighters and coaches were adamant about having a standard in place in case it happened and everyone voted unanimously, coaches and fighters, that on the first offense a point would be taken. Trust me, it wasn't my idea. I just enforce the rules, I don't make them.

Peace-
Cam

"Anyway, all the fighters and coaches were adamant about having a standard in place in case it happened and everyone voted unanimously, coaches and fighters, that on the first offense a point would be taken. Trust me, it wasn't my idea. I just enforce the rules, I don't make them"

All the fighters I spoke with after the fight (the Silverbacks) thought there was going to be a warning issued.

And Rothwell never actually grabbed the ropes, he fell into them.

You will see when they show the fight on tv. It was a funny angle and I am sure it could of appeared that he was hooking the ropes.

where's jack johnson?

It was an intentional rope grab. There was no "momentum". They were up against the ropes and guy dropped to grab a double on Rothwell. He lifted his legs and Rothwell reached back and hooked his arm over the top rope and defended the takedown with it. I had the best seat in the house and the perfect angle.

As for the rules meeting another fighter also thought stomping the body was allowed so it appears that there were many things that were covered in the rules meeting that got by some people. The meeting was anarchy with people all talking at the same time and Maurice had to yell at everyone numerous times to regain order.

That being said, everyone voted on the first offense to take a point. As I stated, I was against it, but my vote did not count. Very seldom do I issue formal warnings, much less deduct points. I am there to let the fighters fight. This time I was simply enforcing the rules that were unanimously agreed upon by the entire contingency.

Peace-
Cam

I have not seen this fight, but either way, props to you Cam for coming on here and explaining your point of view. With 3600+ posts, I'm sure you know what a zoo this place can be sometimes. I'm waiting to see this fight now for sure.

Yeah, I hear ya. I still don't think it was a rope grab, I'm just gonna have to wait until I see it on TV.

I shouldn't of said "horrible reffing" that was just assuming that you went right away and took the point away, I was unaware of the immediate point deduction on the first offense. So that was why I was like "what the fuck" and shocked. But obivously that was covered.

Sometimes it is just natural instinct to grab the ropes/cage, a point should not be taken right away. At least 1 warning.

TBidness

I can't say anything about what happened this past weekend as I wasn't there, but I have been to 3 IFL events and in my opinion they have been plagued with bad reffing and judges consistantly.

I know the powers that be of the IFL don't have anything to do with this, but it really doesn't help things for them.

ttt

"I shouldn't of said "horrible reffing" that was just assuming that you went right away and took the point away, I was unaware of the immediate point deduction on the first offense. So that was why I was like "what the fuck" and shocked. But obivously that was covered."

I completely understand and that was one reason I was against it. I knew the crowd would be confused by it. I issued a formal warning to one of the Pitbulls here at the ATL show a few weeks ago and was booed by the crowd. Even a judge who is a friend of mine was confused at the time. After the fight aired he called me up and stated that on the TV he could hear me giving at least 3 verbal warnings prior to issuing the official one and that he understaood completely after that. Sometimes things are going on that people in the crowd are simply not aware of. The crowd could not hear me give those verbal warnings so to them it looked like the warning came out of nowhere.

"Sometimes it is just natural instinct to grab the ropes/cage, a point should not be taken right away. At least 1 warning."

Agree 100% which is why every time I ref in a ring I just constantly stay on yop of the action and keep saying "let go of the ropes". I don't think I have ever given an official warning or taken a point for rope grabbing before.

But, and I'm sure you can agree with this... The event the other night had almost no rope grabbing at all. I was pleasantly surprised and have to attribute that to the automatic point deduction rule. So maybe it will be a positive thing for the IFL in the future.

Peace-
Cam

Thanks bro, sorry for jumping to conclusions.

Great posts Orion.

Is MMA sanctioned there? I'm surprised the commision would allow that.

i guess it 'could'.. be a great time to buy...