IFL Welter Weight GP....

Anybody notice how wierd their selection of fighters is? They don't have Rory, or Brad Blackburn in the GP? Brad just knocked out Jay Heiron, who is in the GP. Blackburn also dominated Mark Miller (who is in the GP), but lost a bs dec. that even Bas Rutten said was messed up. And of course I don't need to explain why Rory should be in the GP. They also need to stop standing fighters up after 10 seconds...the ground game is still part of mma

I think the entrants were determined by record and fastest wins.

So then why isn't Blackburn in there? 41 seconds is awfully fast.

It is known that Rory is one of the top fighters in the league, if not already the #1 WW in the IFL.

Where did Bas say that it was messed up

It would depend on his reacord. If there were other fighters with better records in the season than him then he would not have even been considered. The fastest finish comes into place when 2 or more people have the same record on the season.

Heleno and McKee both had 3-0 records this year, that's why they got in. Hieron and Miller both had 2-1.

Markham was only 1-0 while Blackburn was 1-1. The 4 participants were selected solely on IFL records this year.

Yeah, that is the reason.

Rory had 1 fight this season, so that took him out of it right away. But since the conception of the IFL Rory has done very well. Just strange to think that he wont be in it.

The Bidness

Rory should def. be in the GP. One of the most exciting fighters in the IFL. Who really cares if he faught only once this year. He's a monster and entertain's people. Put the kid in the GP...watch him ko some guys and crown him king of welterweights in the IFL. I think they should put the best out there no matter what. Even if certain fighters haven't faught too much before the GP. For example, if i remember correctly when Wanderlei entered the OWGP he didn't even fight yet in 2006, the OWGP started in like july or something so thats more than half a year. Also maybe they should have more than four fighters in each class competing. Thats not even really a GP imo.

"Rory had 1 fight this season, so that took him out of it right away. But since the conception of the IFL Rory has done very well. Just strange to think that he wont be in it."

It does suck, but I like the fact that the participants are based strictly on results, not potential. After all, this is a grand prix to determine the best fighter of the year. Consistency should count toward that, IMO.

Of course, we'd all like to see Markham in there. Jamal Patterson, too. But it's cool that their inactivity is not rewarded. Other fighters have been fighting and winning. They've earned their spots.

That GP looks pretty damn good anyway, IMO. Although I don't care to see Pe de Chumbo/Miller again. Their first fight sucked.

"It does suck, but I like the fact that the participants are based strictly on results, not potential. After all, this is a grand prix to determine the best fighter of the year. Consistency should count toward that, IMO."

I know exactly what you mean, and those were the rules going into the season concerning the grand prix.

If you look at the overall scheme of things, and think of the 4 best WW in the IFL. No matter what the order, Markham would be popping into mosts heads.

Whatever, it really doesn't even matter right now. Rory is fighting Team Tomkins stand-out Chris Clements in part of the Silverback's-Anacondas Semi-Final match-up.

And no matter what does happen in the GP, I am sure Rory will find his way fighting the Champion soon after.

TBidness

ttt

Heleno will win the thing. That is why he is in there. I think it is a joke that Jamal Patterson is not in the light heavies.

I see Heleno winning as well. If it is him and McKee in the finals, McKee just wont be able to take Heleno down and hold him, Heleno will be firing subs and constantly working.

"Where did Bas say that it was messed up"

During the battleground episode that it was on, I think a few minutes after they announce the dec. The announcer was saying Blackburn didn't look happy with the dec. and Bas said, that he agrees with blackburn and it was a messed up dec. (not in those exact words)

Yeah, I was there and thought that Blackburn won as well. But that's how it goes with the judges.