Ignore negativity!

Probably getting old, but something I realized. The best way to deal with negativity and hate is just to ignore it.

And I learned it from YouTube. Every time there is some YouTube drama and the YouTubber responds to comments or hate, they usually get more shit. Case and point, when that whole Counter Strike lotto scandal happened, one of the YouTubbers came out trying to explain and get some sympathy and the other one completely ignored all the drama like it does not even exist. The guy that came out got so much shit for months! And the other one did not. Eventually just like with all the scandals, if you produce good content, people will watch regardless, so recovered, but he would have done a lot better had he just ignored the backlash.

I noticed it myself with Reddit. Let's say I comment and somebody replies with something negative. Once I would reply and get involved, that's it! I'm dragged into bullshit and there is never any conclusion to it. You are not convincing the other person and you won't back down yourself. In the end it's a massive waste of time.

I just learned to ignore negativity and non-constructive criticism completely. Just like it does not exist. Somebody gives me shit or says something bad to me? I just let it go and let it pass.

I myself made a lot less snarky or bad comments. Many times I catch myself on creating some smart ass reply but then I just stop and think to myself? Why am I being negative? No need.

Only let positive and constructive people into your life.

Cut the cord, do not fanatically watch the news, no social media! That's a great start!

Can't. 

My wife gets terribly upset when I ignore her. 

ProteinOverdrive -

Probably getting old, but something I realized. The best way to deal with negativity and hate is just to ignore it.

And I learned it from YouTube. Every time there is some YouTube drama and the YouTubber responds to comments or hate, they usually get more shit. Case and point, when that whole Counter Strike lotto scandal happened, one of the YouTubbers came out trying to explain and get some sympathy and the other one completely ignored all the drama like it does not even exist. The guy that came out got so much shit for months! And the other one did not. Eventually just like with all the scandals, if you produce good content, people will watch regardless, so recovered, but he would have done a lot better had he just ignored the backlash.

I noticed it myself with Reddit. Let's say I comment and somebody replies with something negative. Once I would reply and get involved, that's it! I'm dragged into bullshit and there is never any conclusion to it. You are not convincing the other person and you won't back down yourself. In the end it's a massive waste of time.

I just learned to ignore negativity and non-constructive criticism completely. Just like it does not exist. Somebody gives me shit or says something bad to me? I just let it go and let it pass.

I myself made a lot less snarky or bad comments. Many times I catch myself on creating some smart ass reply but then I just stop and think to myself? Why am I being negative? No need.

Fuck you asshole!

TheDecider - 
ProteinOverdrive -

Fuck you asshole!

No, it is you who is the asshole.

TheDecider -
ProteinOverdrive -

Fuck you asshole!