Igor Vovchanchyn at WVC 5 Tournament (1998)

In Febuary 1998,  Igor Vovchanchyn entered the World Vale Tudo Championship 5, 8 man tournament in Recife, Brazil.

Other tournament participants included, Patrick Smith, Paul Varelans, Waldir dos Anjos, Marco Selva, Tulio Palhares, Lucio Carvalho, Elias Rodrigues and Nick Nutter 

Igor vs Nick Nutter may be the only MMA fight in history when a fighter in top control tapped from strikes.

One of the hardest hitters of all time, a total beast, and a blast to watch... An MMA legend who rarely gets the recognition he deserves.

56sav - Igor vs Nick Nutter may be the only MMA fight in history when a fighter in top control tapped from strikes.

One of the hardest hitters of all time, a total beast, and a blast to watch... An MMA legend who rarely gets the recognition he deserves.
 Thanks

The fight you're talking about was the first Igor/Nutter fight, the rematch was in this tournament

Awesome

I had this show on VHS tape.

Video: World Vale Tudo Championship 5 (1998)

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go

iPhone:

TTT for the legend!

Ha, Pro Ice I have about 8 windows open, all are your threads.

I did a search for Pro Ice threads thread title Igor, and am blown away at his speed and power back then, and his defense was good too!

I didn't see this thread b/c you ttt'd it, I was randomly looking at these old Igor fights and saw you just ttt'd this one an hour ago, wanted to let you know that many times I don't comment on your videos, but I always try to watch them.

Man, knowing how much I was into mma back then, you finding these old fights and sharing them now is just, so fucking awesome man I can't put it into words. You are a pirate of old mma videos, tons of treasures you have!

Haha thanks D2, wish you'd comment more always look foward to hearing your opinion on things

Nothing to comment on your threads, they speak for themselves.

You post an awesome video,  I watch it, and sure enough....it was awesome.

I'll try to comment, but honestly I'd be better asking questions than commenting.

Thanks for posting an bumping. Pro Ice threads are always gold. Phone Post

Igor was a tournament machine.

In Phone Post

I still can't believe that Varelans and Nutter entered ANOTHER tournament that Igor was in; if after fighting Igor once, I was still able to move and stuff there's no way I'd even want to be in the same zip-code! Great show, BTW, and thanks for yet another blast from the past!

ttt

Good stuff Pro Ice.

Thanks eh

invaluable forum asset!