IL cool with you droppin' dead trying MMA

Illinois CommissionThrows In The TowelNO SANCTIONING REQUIRED FOR FIGHT SPORTS!For those who didn't know, Illinois has ONCE AGAIN changed their stance on Amateur Fight Sports. This is the 5th change of Amateur Fight Sport regulation in the State of Illinois in the last 12 months. Sounds like the tone of a former Illinois politician who now resides in our Nations Capitol...

As it stands now, the Illinois State Commission is not requiring ANY Sanctioning of ANY Amateur fight sport except for amateur boxing which is overseen by USA Boxing.

That's right, things can go back to the "Wild West" fight days the upper Midwest was known for with unsanctioned fights where weight spreads were never followed, matchmaking often favored the hometown hero and other rules? Well, it was a "We'll do as best as we can, as long as it doesn't hurt my show" attitude. Officials selected from the promoters "Friend" list, the ringside doctor is a Chiropractor, and who knows what else.

Sure, there are a few VERY GOOD promoters we know in the upper Midwest who do not sanction their shows all the time yet do an outstanding job when regulating their own shows. Some of them include promoters such as Duke Roufus and Rob Zbilski. Both has sanctioned events with both IKF Kickboxing and ISCF MMA in the past and both have also regulated their own events. Rarely could you see a difference in fair and safe regulation. However, this can't be said for many other promoters who tend to cut corners by cutting costs and in the end, cut quality from safety and fairness.

According to a strong source, the Illinois Commission pulled their own plug on requiring an approved amateur sanctioning body to sanction amateur fight sports in their state. The source also noted that a staff member of the State pointed the finger at Kick International for the decision. The source noted that because of the many complaints about KICK, the State did not want to force promoters to have to use a sanctioning body such as them, so they pulled the plug on their own rule. Hearing the complaint story was nothing new to anyone. MANY in the fight sport business have a horror story to tell about KICK, and many come from some of their strongest supporters of the past.

So, what does all this mean? Who really knows. The Illinois Commission has NO CLUE themselves it seems. Many calls to them over the last few weeks have never even been returned. It's like they are trying to avoid talking about the situation because they are embarrassed about it. Well, they SHOULD BE. The Illinois Commission has ALWAYS been vocal for their dislike of both Kickboxing and MMA. Illinois is a STRONG Boxing State and had tried to do everything they could to keep MMA away before finally giving in and saying "YES" to the UFC like most states do and for the same reason... MONEY!

However, their ego's got in the way when appointing officials for the UFC event and needless to say, some officials on behalf of the Illinois Commission should have NEVER even been at ringside attempting to regulate a sport the knew little if nothing about. That one UFC event will most likely be the last for UFC in Illinois due to the issues with officials.With all that being said, the final rule in Illinois now is, "There are no mandatory Amateur Sanctioning Requirements for the State of Illinois for Amateur MMA or Kickboxing events. Events DO NOT need to be Sanctioned or Overseen By Anyone."

---------------this means no medical or security required. this means 0-1 dude from no gym vs 5-0 guy from a top gym can fight at ammy. this is really bad for MMA, and stupid folks who don't know better when taking a fight.

Does this mean Naga can come back to Illinois? 

"the Illinois State Commission is not requiring ANY Sanctioning of ANY Amateur fight sport except for amateur boxing which is overseen by USA Boxing."

Bound to piss of a shit ton of wanna be mma sanctioning bodies looking to cash in on the "we can sanction this stuff and make loot" craze......

Which is usually what happens..They just sub the shit out to some so called sanctioning body, who charges you money and doesnt really do much other than take your money and a snapshot for a liscence that they mail ya from their basement 3 months later while their wife does laundry.. 

Bastard In A Basket - The dig at Obama is unnecessary and will lose people right at the beginning. Unless that was a troll tactic, then good work.

i didn't write the article. however, i think fighter safety is the key to the story, not some minor statement in the article.

Rand, who wrote the article?

I live in this state. Do you not realize how fucked every aspect of our government is? I'm 36. Need about 6 months to get in shape. This makes it easier. I don't think California has shit on us. At least they got Arnold. We got whoever is the dirtiest at the time. We should succeed from the Union.

And I agree with TrainBJJ on his two cents.

i'd rather not say who wrote it, but i will gladly spread it around. i will say it is a trusted official in IL, who has done a ton for the sport.

Why would you rather not say, because when I look he'll be one of the guys pissed he cant cash in?

Roger AK47 - I live in this state. Do you not realize how fucked every aspect of our government is? I'm 36. Need about 6 months to get in shape. This makes it easier. I don't think California has shit on us. At least they got Arnold. We got whoever is the dirtiest at the time. We should succeed from the Union.

Illinois is the embodiment of the old quote that democracy works until politicians figure out they can bribe the people with the people's money. 

Where is this article.

And it's not "succeed", bro.

I here you. But it's always late, and I'm drinking. Secede damn it. Fuck it, I knew what I meant.

sounds good to me

Pretty much how it is in WA.