I'll be commentating at Brave CF X in Jordan 3/2

I attended the 2017 Brave International Combat Week in Bahrain and had an extraordinary time. For a number of reasons, I believe amateur MMA is more important than pro. His Royal Highness Khalid bin Hamad Al Khalifa hosted the 2017 Brave International Combat Week which included 2017 IMMAF World Championships. The IMMAF is how MMA is going to get into the Olympics. That’s not a pipe dream, it’s a plan. Karate is in for 2020 as the IOC wants to attract younger viewers. MMA will get in too. It’s been a while.

The first ancient Olympic Games was held in 776 BC, and had a single event, the stade, a 200-yard foot race. In 648 BC, pankration was added. The Olympics continued for over 1,000 years, until in 394 AD, when it was banned by the Roman emperor ‘Killjoy’ Theodosius I, as part of his campaign to impose Christianity in Rome. So, yah, it’s time for MMA to return to the Olympics. The IMMAF world championship will be back in Bahrain next year, edging us closer to that promised land.

As amazing a time as I had with the week-long amateur world championship, Brave CF 9 at the conclusion of the week was extraordinary, and greater still. I first need to single out the people of Bahrain, who were the kindest, most welcoming I have ever met across the perhaps 50 countries or so I have had the privilege to visit. Then, the fighters, the fights, the entrances, the cultural exhibitions, the ring announcing, the royals in attendance, the commentary, the pageantry, and let me say again the fights, were all world class, at the very least. 

Thus I am delighted to have recently received an invitation to work as a commentator for Brave CF X in Amman Jordan on March 2, 2018. I am humbled to be working with Cyrus Fees at the event, and aim as ever to do right by the sport.

Congrats

Cool, sounds like fun!!! Congrats! 

My son is stationed in Jordan, same base Mike Pence just visited a few weeks ago. When isBrave supposedto be there?

Also, how can MMA become an Olympic sport? A fighterwould have to fight 3-4 times in a 2-3 week span. That’s not safe. 

Have a good time in the Middle East Kirik! Sounds like a great experience…

Can't wait for all of the Brave pop-ups!! 

I imagine having to close 5-12 windows to access the site should pay for your flight and accommodations. And maybe a couple redirects to the App Store?

BruiserBrody - 

Can't wait for all of the Brave pop-ups!! 

I imagine having to close 5-12 windows to access the site should pay for your flight and accommodations. And maybe a couple redirects to the App Store?

Dude I am so sorry for those. We use two ad networks. The are contractually forbidden from those, but they cheat. One ad network we turned off. The other one is baked in. We have a new version of the site that switches networks, and it should be soon. 

Saltine American - 

My son is stationed in Jordan, same base Mike Pence just visited a few weeks ago. When isBrave supposedto be there?

Also, how can MMA become an Olympic sport? A fighterwould have to fight 3-4 times in a 2-3 week span. That’s not safe. 

Thanks so much for your son's service to the nation.

Brave CF 10 is March 2.

There are multiple pro fights in one night in some of the best regulated commissions in the country. Amateur events regularly do tournaments. IMMAF during UFC international fight week in 2014, 2015, and 2016 for example. Gloves are larger, rules are different, rounds shorter, etc. I don't recall a single KO at the IMMAF worlds finals in Bahrain. I won't say it's safe, it's a contact sport, but three ammy fights in a week leaves you a lot less banged up that one pro fight.

I appreciate the idea of mma in the olympics, but I am curious about what it would look like in a format with such a short timeframe? 

MMA isn't going to be in the Olympics in my lifetime, and I plan on living another 50+ years.