I'll be in SoCal for seminars this summer.

Tim Lajcik - Bruce, I had to fight every single day while head coach to keep the program alive at UC Davis. Zalesky did the same and was a great coach to boot. The athletic department's decision to ultimately scrap the team was both stupid and heartbreaking. I'm in their Hall of Fame and don't know if I'll ever feel like setting foot on that campus again.

Tim

I hope wrestling comes back one day to Davis.

I knew that Bakersfield and some other Cal schools were in trouble. It's a shame.

You'd think with MMA blowing up and the success of wrestlers in MMA, that NCAA wrestling would be in high demand.

Tony, I'd enjoy that. I'll let you know if a seminar turns up near Burbank. I just started trying to set something up down there today. If nothing materializes, I'd be happy to go where you train and work one-on-one with you. Seminar or private, it won't cost more than $50.

Tim

crowbar- I appreciate the appreciation, but I mean it when I say it's no trouble. I've been put outdoors before, so I know what that's like. I'm glad it's not as bad as that.

Tim

Bruce, yes, I'm hopeful they'll reinstate the program at some point. By every metric (total participation in HS compared to other sports, ethnic diversity of participants, cost per athlete to field a team compared to other sports, status as an Olympic sport, burgeoning participation of women in wrestling, inclusion of all sizes of athletes, etc.) it deserves inclusion in public universities. The reasons given for dropping it are disingenuous.

Tim, thanks for the reply. Yes please call me if you get a seminar or something together.

Also, do you have an e-mail or a facebook page or something?

Sure, Tony. I've got both. Tim@TimLajcik.net and I should be the only one on Facebook with my name.

Zombo, I'll be there part of the the time, yes. Are you in T.O.?

Tim, south OC area , when you get here , TTT this thread. Ill take you to a great dinner :)

ttt

Wow, small world. I just went back to T.O. a couple weeks ago for my HS coach's retirement. If I can ever help your team, let me know. Those kids are lucky to have you.

Tim

Hey crowbar, how are things? I hardly ever post on the UG anymore, just kind of lost interest.

Zombo - Small world...I teach in Thousand Oaks but went to OHS. I coached JV wrestling at Channel Islands High School for a few years.

Tim Lajcik - You went to Thousand Oaks High School? Wow, I had no idea. I'm a fan from way back in the day.

Fred and Zombo, great hearing from you both. Hope our paths cross while I'm down there.

Tim

dunc - Hey crowbar, how are things? I hardly ever post on the UG anymore, just kind of lost interest.

Sorry Dunc,

Didnt see your post until today.I could be better,I lost my father on May 5th & in two months I will have no source of income.Trying to stay upbeat is difficult.

Tim!! I was jut out in the Glades today walking out past Locahatchee Road. I was telling some people out there about when you saved my dog Anna from the alligator by jumping on the gator and kicking it's but. No one believed me. I came home and after changing my sons diaper I gave Anna a super Bohemian hug from her buddy Tim. I miss you bro!!

Mendelson Phone Post

Rich,

Great to hear from you, brother. I've been keeping track of you as best I can. Glad to hear you've got a beautiful family and that lovable Anna is still in the mix.

As much as it saddens me, I'm likely going to wind up my work in the fight game in the coming year. I'm planning to take eleven long backroad road trips criss-crossing the country, teaching some final seminars along the way. Hopefully i'll be able to spill out all that i know to whoever wants it before i move on to the next phase in my life. One of the trips will be down the east coast to Key West. I'll want to see you when I come through.

All the best, pal.

Tim

That would be great! I'd love for you to meet my wife and son. It would also be fantastic to catch up. Let me know when you are going to be around. I have a new cell number, so shoot me an email and I'll give it to you. Phone Post

Man that sucks crowbar, last I talked to you I think you were glazing or doing road construction if I remember correctly. Neither one is really a booming biz right now unfortunately. Good luck and sorry to hear about your father.

Thanks for taking one of those shirts off my hands, Dunc. I'll get it in the mail in the morning.

Tim

Got the shirt a couple of days ago. Its a really cool concept and i can wear it without anyone asking me if i train.