Illinois judge tells Governor no more lock down

Alright alright I know this will probably get overturned but it gives me a slight glimmer of hope.

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/illinois-judge-blocks-governor-pritzkers-extension-of-stay-at-home-order

How is that even legal? Did someone sue the state for being shutdown?

baj54 -

How is that even legal? Did someone sue the state for being shutdown?

If you just took the same time as you took to post, to instead open the article/link...

first paragraph-

[The ruling was issued Monday by Clay County Circuit Court Judge Michael McHaney after Republican state Rep. Darren Bailey filed a lawsuit last week against the governor claiming Pritzker overstepped his authority when extending the stay-at-home order.]

2 Likes

So I was listening to the radio and they went into this. That specific person won so this judgement is for him specifically. The Governor is pursuing a stay on this until he can appeal, which will be within a week. Others can join his lawsuit or start their own. The Governor is pisssed!

okay. im not paying attention to what is and isn't happening in Chicago. But should these decisions be made by one man. im not saying yes or no. but worth a discussion. 

Southern Illinois hates this fat fuck

My friends in Chicago ain't real fond of him either.

I know that judge, he's a character. Basically I think the challenge is that the law only provides the governor with emergency powers for 30 days and the 30 days are up. I think that's it anyway

benwah -

So I was listening to the radio and they went into this. That specific person won so this judgement is for him specifically. The Governor is pursuing a stay on this until he can appeal, which will be within a week. Others can join his lawsuit or start their own. The Governor is pisssed!

so that person doesnt have to follow the lockdown, everyone else does?

It only pertains to the Rep who filed, but others can join and get stays. I figure this gets tossed. Sucks.

In Missouri it’s the opposite - the govnah wants to open up in a week - Saint Louis city/county are pissed...

KingMartyrJack -
Stu Cazzo -

Then they should go out and inject themselves with Lysol.

Whoa there...why such a dry vagina?

Stu Cazzo -

In Missouri it’s the opposite - the govnah wants to open up in a week - Saint Louis city/county are pissed...

Did Missouri ever issue a stay at home order?

1 Like

GeorgeCarlinUGTPTT -
Stu Cazzo -

Did Missouri ever issue a stay at home order?

Yes sir.

Strandman -

It only pertains to the Rep who filed, but others can join and get stays. I figure this gets tossed. Sucks.

Yeah they went through the road this will go down, ultimately if Pritzker doesn’t get what he wants he will take it to the Illinois Supreme Court who will most likely rule in his favor. 

Send troopers to snatch that ass right off the bench......

Stu Cazzo -

South of fucking I80 hate him sans a few blues down here. Shut down north of I80 and let the rest of us play.... I’ll still stay in though. I like staying away from everyone.

1 Like

KingMartyrJack -
Stu Cazzo -
KingMartyrJack -
Stu Cazzo -

Then they should go out and inject themselves with Lysol.

Whoa there...why such a dry vagina?

I'm a fan of self-darwinism, and my vagina is extraordinarily moist.

Self-Darwism....

You act like this virus has a 99% death rate...

It appear this asshat governor's wife is above his "law." Here's an exchange he had with a reporter on Wednesday:

“Where’s the First Lady? Is she accompanied by a state security detail? Is she engaged in non-essential travel? What is your response to people who say the stay-at-home order and non-essential travels bans aren’t abided by your family?”

Here is what the Gov Pritzker said after digesting the question.

“The first thing I’d like to say is that in politics it used to be that we kept our families out of it,” said Pritzker. “My official duties have nothing to do with my family. So, I’m not going to answer that question. It's inappropriate and I find it reprehensible, honestly that that a reporter wrote a story about it.”

https://khqa.com/news/local/illinois-governor-dodges-question-about-wife-skipping-town-during-covid

Gov Fatty Arbuckle has had a 2nd lawsuit from a State Rep, and another one today from some religious kook

He's basically shut down the state because of Chicago and Cook County.

Dude had gotten noticeably fatter since this has started.

His blood type is Ragu