I'm 99% certain Gaethje vs Poirier II will happen next

Both men won the int. title before going 0-2 in title fights vs Khabib and Oliveira.
Their first fight was in 2018 was FOTN.
Neither fighter is next in line for the title shot due to the Dariush vs Oliveira fight booked.
Poirier has recent wins over Chandler and Conor.
Gaethje has recent wins over Chandler, Tony and Fiziev.

Poirier vs Gaethje 2 is the only available fight big enough for either fighter if they want to compete again in 2023.

Poirier is tied with a few other fighters for the most FOTN performances in UFC history.
Gaethje is tied with a couple other fighters for 2nd most FOTN performances in UFC history.

Poirier has the 5th most total OTN awards in UFC history.
Gaethje has the 6th most OTN awards in UFC history.

I’d say there is a 99% chance this fight gets booked for the summer or fall.

5 Likes

OP’s past predictions have sadly not aged very well. Even when he was 100% sure!

https://forums.mixedmartialarts.com/t/trump-will-win-im-100-sure/2852172

3 Likes

You fucker. See, I’ve mellowed since I took that L…I’m only 99% sure here.

3 Likes

And so it should. Gaethe was winning before he got KO’d. I have Gaethe in a rematch he fights smarter now

5 Likes

I think both guys want that rematch and they know the fans do to. Make it happen, Mick Maynard/Sean Shelby!

3 Likes

lol sorry man I couldn’t resist when I saw the percentage number in the title!

But seriously I think you could be right in this case and Gaethje vs Poirier II makes sense.

2 Likes

True, good news is that it looks like geathe in his last fight figured it out how to throw a jab, one more weapon in his arsenal, right about time lol
And to be honest, geathe > dustin, he has more power, better athleticism, chin, but prob less fight gameplan execution?
like if you would be building character, you definitely would take more of geathje’s then dustin’s

1 Like

Who cares. Inconsequential fight between Gaethje who is on way out and a fake prize fight-choosing above average fighter.

Most casual and hardcore MMA fans will care, watch and likely enjoy this fight. Of all the things in MMA to hate on, I can’t imagine having to resort to hating on this fight but whatever.

1 Like

They’ll watch because it’s on the card and has the potential for street-fight like action. Hardcore MMA fans prefer a high quality, high stakes fight. I have no idea what you base your assessment on. Not hating on the fight just like you not “loving” on the fight.

They could fight each other on every PPV and i wouldn’t complain

2 Likes

Go to 13:00. Sounds like Gaethje feels this Poirier fight needs to happen in August-October to set him up for another crack at the title next year.

Sometimes its unclear what fight should be next but this is the most obvious and necessary fight in the division that is not yet booked.

2 Likes

“Street fight” like action? “Hardcore MMA fans prefer a high quality, high stakes fight” as if this is not high quality and high stakes enough?

Dude, no offense but you don’t make a whole lot of sense here. I’d say that 99% of coaches and fighters who happen to be fans of the sport will care about this fight a lot and consider it both high quality and high stakes.

1 Like

2 Likes

I’d love Justin to put Dustin in a coma…

Nice job OP you called it

1 Like

I like the look of this mythical card indeed

Edit. It may be a legit card

I’m pumped for this one. Don’t even care that The Million Dollar Belt is on the line. Not a factor, just a marketing gimmick, like Cyborg’s belt. Don’t have anything to do with world title belts. Its just a great fight.

Stephen Thompson vs. Michel Pereira has also been moved to this card.

Aliskerov is getting a quick push up the ladder to take on 5th-ranked Paulo “Secret Juice” Costa.

And Poatan vs. Polish Power? If Blachowicz is healthy and on his game, he should be able to ground and pound his way to victory.

Bobby Green takes out geriatric Tony Ferguson. If he doesn’t stop him, Tony will be beat the fuck up by the time it’s over. Green has a huge speed advantage.

2 Likes

I can now say, that the bout Is Officially official

1 Like