I'm a Christian...

who believes the Bush family is lying, manipulating, prideful, greedy, murdering, deceitful scum. Any other Christians out there believe as I or for one to be a true Christian must you support the current POTUS and believe him to be a Christian as well?

That seems to be the current philosophy with many Christians today. I'm just curious if I'm alone in this.

J

I cant speak for Bush or what he says he believes. Only God can judge him for that. That said, I voted neither time for Bush, although I think he was a better choice than Kerry would have been. My religion is not bound by the socio economic needs of the society I live in.

Great points made above. I'm just so tired of dealing with Christians who so blindly support Bush because of his proclimation of faith (which means nothing as Hitler thought himself to be a Christian as well)and them questioning me as to why, being a Christian, I don't support him. At that point they typically think I'm pro-Kerry. Which couldn't be farther from the truth. To me their both different sides of the same coin.

J

it can be very lucrative to as a politician to call yourself a Christian....gets alot of votes.....as for Bush...I don't know if he is a Christian or not...not my place to say....i don't support him though.....

What's up Mask! Thanks for the support! =)

gord96, no it's not your place to say what he is or isn't, but you do have a right to believe one way or another. I choose to believe he's a wolf in sheeps clothing.

What's the alternative? Libertarian? Constitutionalist Party? Democrats?

"lying, manipulating, prideful, greedy, murdering, deceitful"

That about covers the whole of humanity. So I guess it's fitting that this guy is the president of the most powerful nation on the planet.

Puzzled

please don't feed the troll Bludhall

"What's the alternative? Libertarian? Constitutionalist Party? Democrats? "
the rooster

IMO it would be a revolution of the people against the current system. A coup, a civil war, whatever.

What does it mean to have a Conservative politician in the White House who's made government bigger than it has ever been? True Conservatism is for less government. Thus, true Conservatives have no representation anymore. The system is flawed, big-time.

B.Franklin said it best when he stated that for one to give up their rights for the sake of secuirty deserve neither liberty nor security. Yet, along with the patriot acts and the homeland (in)security department we see much of this going on today.

lately I don't have any interest in politics at all.....poltics are a worldly thing and it just doesn't concern me anymore.....what's the point of trying to impose Christian beliefs on a secular world.....i don't care who is in power as God chooses who leads a nation and there is nothing I can do to change things....if someone comes to power and outlaws Christianity then fine.....I will still follow my faith to jail or to death.....I just hate seeing Christ getting dragged into the ungly, ugly world of politics

welcome to Christianarchy, I am glad you have joined us.

the rev

j: IMO it would be a revolution of the people against the current system. A coup, a civil war, whatever.

me: really? violent ovethrow replaced with what? How about if we educate the people, pray and seek to restore constitutional law?

the rooster, trying to educate people has been an ongoing issue since this system has become what it has become... Problem is, it's getting worse faster then people can or are willing to be educated about it. Give them pizza, beer, football, SUV's or whatever... As long as they have those things, the system itself "appears" to be working.

Once they realize the how grave the problem is, they'll either go along with it, or die fighting it.

J

I feel the same way as Gord and know a lot of Christians that feel this way towards government.Things could be different if I had children however.

CHRISTIANARCHY

Does Christianarchy negate voting when you are actually given a say in who governs you? At least on a local level that seems like a foolish thing to pass up.

no that is just my foolish spin on it. Won't participate in the system, as the system is building a kingdom that is not Gods.

the rev

God puts our leaders in place ultimately, and thats how I see it, so whatever the will of God, the leaders of nations will accompolish it. I dont think that we can say if a particular leader is for or against God, or what his relationship to God is, but the kingdom of heaven and the goals of the kingdom aren't the same. Bush is used for Gods will, regardless of if he is really a christian or not. I just pray that the president make the right choices.

Peter wrote to "Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men. Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a coverup for evil; live as servants of God. Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king."

I just showed you advice from peter, that I think is good advice, and if you disagree with it, well I guess that I will just have to kneebar your bad knee!!! haha just kidding, by the way, I seriously hope you can find a way to keep training :)

Maybe u should go see Benny Hinn

And just to clarify,I dont mean that leaders always care what the will of God is, what I mean is that if God purposes to do something, and his purpose includes a particular leader doing something, that leader will do what God intends.

I'm not so sure I agree with the whole "God puts leaders in place" theory. Stalin, Hitler, Lenin, Mao, all responsible for the deaths of millions. Did God appoint these leaders? And which leaders does God appoint? Just the top level leaders or the local level leaders or both? Because there's corruption throughout the entire system.