I'm a feminist AMA

As part of my ongoing piss-off-the-OG series, I'm willing to open up to you about my brand of feminism. I can't promise I'll be able to defend every feminist notion you can find. In fact, I promise I can't defend it all because some of it is beyond the pale crazy.

Still, I do consider myself a feminist. To me that means I think our culture should not pressure men and women to adopt traditional gender roles, should equally value the different contributions men and women make to society, and should equally protect men and women under the law. I also think certain aspects of western culture are misogynistic, more needs to be done to discourage rape than to educate women on how to avoid rape, and that men and women are at least equally to blame for the break down of two-parent families.

So, go ahead, AMA and vote me down.

Tits or gtfo?

Joking, but I do plan on sitting and watching this thread. Phone Post 3.0

What am you doing out of the kitchen? Phone Post

choadler - Tits or gtfo?

Joking, but I do plan on sitting and watching this thread. Phone Post 3.0

tits

T1LT - What am you doing out of the kitchen? Phone Post

working. don't tell my boss.

How many feminists does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Two; one to screw in the bulb, and one to suck my dick.

(Fred Savage told my friend that joke, so I always imagine it being said in a "Wonder Years" voice)

What do you find more inspirational, the SCUM Manifesto or the Vagina Monologues?

Sofa King Cool - Do you think women should be forced to sign up for the selective service? Phone Post 3.0

now that combat roles are open to them, absolutely.

SnapLocally - What do you find more inspirational, the SCUM Manifesto or the Vagina Monologues?

I'm not familiar with SCUM manifesto, but i did go to the vagina monologues in college, so that.

Should women - having the right to choose to abort or take a pregnancy to term - be held soley responsible for their decision? Phone Post 3.0

Midget feminists, do they exist?

Badmonkey - Should women - having the right to choose to abort or take a pregnancy to term - be held soley responsible for their decision? Phone Post 3.0

I assume you're trying to get to the point where we make some sort of bargain over child support and male consent to abortion, so I'll just cut to the chase for you. I think women should have the sole right to consent to abortion because pregnancy happens in their body and I oppose any additional government interference in reproductive decisions. I think we have plenty of laws on that as is. I also think men should be forced to pay child support even if they wanted an abortion or did not want an abortion, because as between fathers and the state paying to raise a child, I vote the fathers should pay for that child. It's not always fair to individuals in practice, but it's more fair to the child and taxpayers.

OblongBox - 

Midget feminists, do they exist?

if so, i would mate with them.

ceiling_cat - 
Badmonkey - Should women - having the right to choose to abort or take a pregnancy to term - be held soley responsible for their decision? Phone Post 3.0

I assume you're trying to get to the point where we make some sort of bargain over child support and male consent to abortion, so I'll just cut to the chase for you. I think women should have the sole right to consent to abortion because pregnancy happens in their body and I oppose any additional government interference in reproductive decisions. I think we have plenty of laws on that as is. I also think men should be forced to pay child support even if they wanted an abortion or did not want an abortion, because as between fathers and the state paying to raise a child, I vote the fathers should pay for that child. It's not always fair to individuals in practice, but it's more fair to the child and taxpayers.

Exactly. It's not about what's fair to the father at the point that the child has been born. It's about making sure Joe Taxpayer doesn't have to foot the bill for your drunken condomless one night stand.

HereWeAre - 
ceiling_cat - 

Exactly. It's not about what's fair to the father at the point that the child has been born. It's about making sure Joe Taxpayer doesn't have to foot the bill for your drunken condomless one night stand.

This also applies to 50/50 possession orders. Kids need to have a home. 50/50 is what's best for parents so everything feels most equal and fair for them. It nearly always turns into a disaster or is just not followed in practice. Stop demanding equal time with kids. Go for primary or don't, stop trying to inflict 50/50 on your children.

HardWorkPersonalAccountability - 
HereWeAre - 
ceiling_cat - 

what if he is not the father

should he still have to pay child support?

if the father can't be determined, would you be okay with the most recent man in a relationship with that woman be forced to pay child support?

If he is not the father he should not have to pay. He should have a reasonable period of time after he is ordered to pay child support or suspects he is not the father to request a paternity test. If he is not the father he should not have to pay. If it is shown that mother knew he was not the father, she should be ordered to repay child support with interest and attorney fees. If the father cannot be located, no one should have to pay child support.

^That.

HardWorkPersonalAccountability - would you be for or against passing a law requiring a paternity test for child support?

It should not be required unless at least one person is requesting it. There is no reason to force a paternity test on a couple who doesn't otherwise want it. That would be an invasion of privacy and more government overreach.

HardWorkPersonalAccountability - do you believe a wage gap exists between gender?

yes

Who's tits do you like better, Kate Upton or Sofia Vergara Phone Post 3.0