I'm about to start wrestling and...

I want some beginner advice/tips etc on anything plz Phone Post 3.0

Drill double legs non stop, drill cross face cradles and wrist and a half, and drill getting up from the bottom position. All simple techniques that are simple to learn, then expand your repotoire from there. Phone Post 3.0

Are you doing actual folkstyle wrestling or wrestling to complement your jiu-jitsu or MMA?

I'd concentrate stuff on your feet if you are doing it for bjj. Learn the 3 basic take downs, a high crotch, double leg and head inside single.
If you have no experience at all I'd recommend learning them from a left leg lead. It will be awkward at first but all of it will be awkward in the beginning, may as well learn them to the left, it will throw some folks off.

For wrestling, wrestling do the above. Work standing up and cutting away from bottom referee position. Learn a spiral ride and a half Nelson for top to begin with, add a tight waist tilt. Learn to ride legs and hit a power half from there.

Drill drill drill. Condition condition condition.
Good luck, greatest sport on the planet Phone Post 3.0

one thing not mentioned often enough is "stance".

be diligent in maintaining a good stance. EVERYTHING stems from that. it is THE foundation.

that means your legs/feet are in the right position, your back is straight, your head is up, you have staggered your feet, your hands are up and out and arms are bent and you never cross your feet.

keep your stance strong at all times.
once you have your stance and motion put together, work on the basic defenses such as ensuring your hands are on them as a line of defense, down blocking, redirecting them, using your head as a defense mechanism w/ proper placement should your hands be passed. etc.

youtube is a good resource. find vids from people showing strategies, basics, and fundamentals. don't get caught up in the intricacies of the more advance things.

also w/ stance there are a few schools of thought.
1. square box stance.
2. much more staggered lead leg stance.

I'm a fan of number 2. at a minimum it makes only one of my legs (lead leg) susceptible to attach, provided they haven't misdirected and ofcourse setups are always there to get the other leg, but it gives you that advantage from a start position regardless.

square stance in my opinion puts you in a bad spot for the blast double.

ChipW - Are you doing actual folkstyle wrestling or wrestling to complement your jiu-jitsu or MMA?

I'd concentrate stuff on your feet if you are doing it for bjj. Learn the 3 basic take downs, a high crotch, double leg and head inside single.
If you have no experience at all I'd recommend learning them from a left leg lead. It will be awkward at first but all of it will be awkward in the beginning, may as well learn them to the left, it will throw some folks off.

For wrestling, wrestling do the above. Work standing up and cutting away from bottom referee position. Learn a spiral ride and a half Nelson for top to begin with, add a tight waist tilt. Learn to ride legs and hit a power half from there.

its highschool level wrestling but thanks everyone for the tips in advance i can only train cardio since wrestling starts up again during april

Listen to the coaches. Phone Post 3.0

And try to have at least 2 "go to moves" in every position. Phone Post 3.0

Opkill6 -
ChipW - Are you doing actual folkstyle wrestling or wrestling to complement your jiu-jitsu or MMA?

its highschool level wrestling but thanks everyone for the tips in advance i can only train cardio since wrestling starts up again during april
Cardio kills Phone Post 3.0

Just don't quit.  EVER.

Learn the Schultz front headlock. Tom Erikson taught it to me while at Purdue. One of our heavyweights was successful with it. Could have placed at nationals but he was not too successful in the classroom. Phone Post 3.0

The front head lock. Keep your elbows tucked. Learn the granby. Phone Post 3.0

BradleyWrestler22 - Listen to the coaches. Phone Post 3.0

What he said. It's amazing how knowledgeable those guys are. You might also consider either you or your club signing up for Kolat.com (no I'm not Cary Kolat), lots of great instructionals there by one of Americas greatest wrestlers. Could be really valuable if you're a visual learner.

Opkill6 -

In that case.

CARDIO. Condition till you can't move then do more.

Drill doubles, singles, hi crotch. Do it till you don't even think about the steps, then start drilling how to switch from one to the other. Pay attention to your head position. Don't get fancy, just get solid basics.

From the bottom, stand ups off the whistle. Drill that and switches, both from referees and standing. Make the Peterson just something you are ALWAYS LOOKING FOR. Phone Post 3.0

Learn the peterson, switch & granby from bottom