"I'm by far the best wrestler in MMA." -Ben Askren

Wow. Better than Hendricks, Cormier, GSP, Sonnen??? Come on, man.

Askren says it here: http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/251097-Freakshow-Askren-v-Wright/video/722094-Ben-Askren-vs-Quentin-Wright

Lol there would be something really wrong with him if he didn't believe that. Phone Post

Nah

He is by a mile on the wrestling mats. I don't know how far that will go for a new contract though

Chael P Stockton - Hes a multi Olympic gold freestyle wrestler... Yes he is the best wrestler in MMA, I cant think of anyone with his stats.. Comier was captain in 08 but didn't compete due to kidney failure.. Whether or not he has the best mma wrestling is not as decisive... two separate things

Just in case you're not trolling, Askren doesn't have a single Olympic or Worlds medal in freestyle wrestling, let alone two. I think he finished around 7th in his only Olympics.

Cejudo > Askren > the rest IMO Phone Post

Chael P Stockton - Hes a multi Olympic gold freestyle wrestler... Yes he is the best wrestler in MMA, I cant think of anyone with his stats.. Comier was captain in 08 but didn't compete due to kidney failure.. Whether or not he has the best mma wrestling is not as decisive... two separate things
You can't just make things up. Phone Post 3.0

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Cejudo > Askren > the rest IMO Phone Post
This, Cejudo won gold in the Olympics. He's also undefeated in MMA and has been training for less than a year, he's a real prospect. Phone Post 3.0

Oh shit Cejudo is the cuban dude right? I take back my "by a mile" post

watch the jay heiron fight... he's not the best wrestler in mma.

There are Olympic gold medalists and multiple time world champions currently competing in MMA.

Ben Askren is neither of the above.

Ben Askren absolutely destroyed Jake Herbert in folk around the time that Jake was winning a world silver medal.

Is he absolutely the best on the mats? I don't know. But he's excellent.

Is he the most accomplished? No, but he's not far from the top.

Is he the best at wrestling for MMA? Maybe. We don't know yet. But he should believe it.

GSP would defend his takedowns and take Ben down at will in the octagon mixing up his strikes with takedowns Arsken would get dominated. Phone Post 3.0

.....and the worst fighter ever. So he has no business in mma. Phone Post 3.0

R1WARRIOR - .....and the worst fighter ever. So he has no business in mma. Phone Post 3.0

. Phone Post

That's nice. Phone Post 3.0

I wish he would work on his submission game. All these wrassssstlerrrrss in MMA r tough but all of the top wrastlers submission games r non-existent. Its a joke! It's like who gives a crap if you can ride it out for 25 minutes. Can you lock onto a kimura and CRANK it??? Me like :) Phone Post 3.0

wiggum - Ben Askren absolutely destroyed Jake Herbert in folk around the time that Jake was winning a world silver medal.

Is he absolutely the best on the mats? I don't know. But he's excellent.

Is he the most accomplished? No, but he's not far from the top.

Is he the best at wrestling for MMA? Maybe. We don't know yet. But he should believe it.

Regarding the original OP,

There is no reason to think Big Rig has better wrestling; MMA or otherwise. Ben was the better college wrestler, the one of the two to compete in big time international tournaments, and the one who has stuck closer to his roots.

He's far more accomplished than Chael. We need to see him against better competition to judge his MMA wrestling. His folk credentials are above DC's. But DC was the better international wrestler. Obviously, his credentials are above GSP but we would have to see them against each other to judge MMA wrestling.

Cejudo is the most accomplished MMA wrestler. Like Ben, we need to see him with better competition to really judge.

^^Yoel can challenge Cejudo for the most accomplished title. Henry has the Olympic gold but Yoel's body of work is more impressive.

Alexis Vila: Two golds and a silver in the world championships; gold in the Pan Ams; and an Olympic bronze.