I'm going to be in NY in January, coat? (SoCal)

I'm going to be in NY (Manhattan) for a week in january. I have no clue what kind of coat/jacket I should use.

Should I get a North Face or Columbia? I'm looking to spend $100, not much more than that.

Anyone?

Whichever has the most down filling! Phone Post 3.0

Oh and don't forget the other layers underneath for good measure. Phone Post 3.0

And a beanie, and gloves, and scarf. It gets brutal.

Just go to Ross or TJ mAxx and get the stuff. Since you won't wear it afterwards and the gear can be had for cheap.

Think layers that can be removed if it's just for transit and not outdoor work. Phone Post 3.0

Daddy Rorny Michael - And a beanie, and gloves, and scarf. It gets brutal.
Right riiiiiight! Phone Post 3.0

Harlem Savoy - Just go to Ross or TJ mAxx and get the stuff. Since you won't wear it afterwards and the gear can be had for cheap.

Think layers that can be removed if it's just for transit and not outdoor work. Phone Post 3.0
Keep your receipt and return that shit. Phone Post 3.0

Just don't be a pussy and you should be fine. Phone Post 3.0

Think of the coldest place you've been and then add gale force winds blowing between the buildings.

It's a cold place in January. Phone Post 3.0

Oh man have fun hahaha

I moved out of CT and down south to avoid that shit

It gets cold, man. I guess you could just breathe a lot like Wim Hof and be fine, though. Phone Post 3.0

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm not sure winter is going to come this year. Was in the 60s today. But, a good wool, coat a sweater, a hat and gloves usually does the trick.

Tiresias - As long as you stay in town, you won't need a coat at all, as the buildings, cars, and people throw a surprising amount of heat. Once you leave the city and head into the mountains, however, you will certainly need a warm coat.
Lies! Phone Post 3.0

Poop Doodle - It gets cold, man. I guess you could just breathe a lot like Wim Hof and be fine, though. Phone Post 3.0

Ha! I already forgot about Wim Hof. I need to try that breathing when it gets cold.

Wim Hof breathing. Scroll down to Method: http://www.highexistence.com/the-wim-hof-method-revealed-how-to-consciously-control-your-immune-system/

Thanks for the info guys and scaring the hell out of me.

Yeah. Layers. Hoodies, Hat, gloves, scarf if u need it. A light jacket is even ok as long as you have warmer under layers. Phone Post 3.0

Jhay - Oh man have fun hahaha

I moved out of CT and down south to avoid that shit
Same here! Phone Post 3.0

TFK_likatiga - Think of the coldest place you've been and then add gale force winds blowing between the buildings.

It's a cold place in January. Phone Post 3.0
Fucking this. Phone Post 3.0