I'm Going to Reduce Amount of New Music Listening

...by about 70%.
There is now literally so much quality recorded music that you could listen 24 hours a day/7 days a week for the rest of your life without replay, and never even hear half of it.
I think of all the music from around the world, different genres, and eras, and how much does one really need? How many songs and albums from today will be remembered 30 years from now?
I've decided to only listen to about 25 new albums a year (I currently listen to about 100/year), and only buy the top 15.

Anyone else feel music overload?

Sarcasm overload.

A little bit.

Yep. The golden age of music was 60s and 70s. I wasnt alive for either decade just my objective opinion. New music is mostly mass produced, simple, repetitive dog shit. It has no complexity and is completely devoid of any soul. There are a handful of new bands who make decent music, but they are rare and obscure

Southpaw76 - Yep. The golden age of music was 60s and 70s. I wasnt alive for either decade just my objective opinion. New music is mostly mass produced, simple, repetitive dog shit. It has no complexity and is completely devoid of any soul. There are a handful of new bands who make decent music, but they are rare and obscure
the golden age of the 60s will never be repeated. but there is still tons of great, innovative stuff coming out as well as tons of stuff being rediscovered and reprinted. 80s African boogie, for instance, is making a huge resurgence at the moment.
But agree with op. I've stopped trying to keep up and just look for decent stuff.

I stopped listening to new music in the early 2000s. Don't listen to anything that came after the mid 90s currently.

The 60s-96ish is plenty of music for me.

TFK_Fanboy -
vagabond - Sarcasm overload.

disagree

more quality music being made now than any point in history

it might not all be on the radio but it is out there

I agree, but how much music do we actually need? Some of the best jazz came about mid-60s and that could take me a lifetime to listen to. 

There is so much great music now with bands and artists building on the work of those that came before them, but I think we have to be so selective now, especially with albums, since there are very few that will be considered stellar-for-their-times, 50 years from now.

Gosh, I haven;t even finished listening to most of the 1950s stuff, and I don't see how modern music is very relevant anymore (popular music from all genres). There is a lot of talent but no new music revolutions.