I'm growing fruits and veggies in a potted garden

No I have a yard, but it looks nice and good luck with it bro .

Mutant -
NEFARIOUS -

No offer of some sweet veggies??

I don't like your tone Nefertiti! 

Well I’m sorry for my tone!

One of my BEST friends died last week!

I’ve been very emotional lately!!

Came here hoping to see pics of gays.  Thread did not disappoint.  VU

GenericAmerican -

Some of my harvests (each photo was what I harvested that day).  All from an 8x8 box.

A pitcher of sugar snap peas

That's awesome! That's where I hope to be someday. 

GenericAmerican - I put in a couple garden boxes at the last place I rented in LA. I didn't even ask the owner, I figured he'd be fine if I made it look nice and worst case I could pull them out.

It was the first time I'd grown in 100% bagged soil and the plants loved it. I couldn't believe how much I got out of an 8x8 space. I'll see if I can find some photos.

I have a big yard, but the layout and trees limit me to an area about 20x8 (not counting the 15 grape vines the previous owner put along the fence). But my mother-in-law just bought the property next to us which has a large completely unlandscaped back yard. Last night I stumbled on some WWII flyers for Victory Gardens and am thinking of trying to plant as close to those instructions as possible.

Did you know that during WWII, 40% of all of the US's produce was grown in home gardens?

The owner was cool with a raises garden but I this was a my first go and with the harsh AZ summer coming I wanted to the ability to moved around the plants so they get the majority of the sun before the brutal heatheat of the day sets in. 

Mckraken -

It’s so rewarding to eat something that you’ve grown yourself, don’t know why but it taste that much better than purchased from the store

same goes with catching and eating fish you caught

I'm enjoying it and so far have yielded strawberries and tomatoes. 

NEFARIOUS -
Mutant -
NEFARIOUS -

No offer of some sweet veggies??

I don't like your tone Nefertiti! 

Well I’m sorry for my tone!

One of my BEST friends died last week!

I’ve been very emotional lately!!

Sorry to hear bro! It's these trying times to spread love and joy and celebrate life. 

boxcar-for-life -

Check out this video 

the phx area is considered a sub tropical climate and we can grow all kinds of awesome fruit trees here...avocados mango papaya banana loquat cumquat etc...all in containers 

http://youtu.be/SvoU5LmpQH4

i bought a mango tree from the ginger and the other dude I actually went to his house for a gardening expo

Awesome will definitely check this out today. We thought about growing an avocado tree and saw one at the nursery but they said it would be be 5 years to produce fruit. 

I recommend an automated drip watering system. They even sell kits for potted plants. Even if you think you'll be good at watering consistently, plants always seem to do better with an automated system.

Mutant -
boxcar-for-life -

Check out this video 

the phx area is considered a sub tropical climate and we can grow all kinds of awesome fruit trees here...avocados mango papaya banana loquat cumquat etc...all in containers 

i bought a mango tree from the ginger and the other dude I actually went to his house for a gardening expo

Awesome will definitely check this out today. We thought about growing an avocado tree and saw one at the nursery but they said it would be be 5 years to produce fruit. 

Allegedly avocados are not easy to grow. More of a green thumb grower. 

Remember though u can purchase a tree at different maturity stages. (Might have to pay more) When I bought my mango tree it was only 3-4 years old and already had full sized fruit on it. 

cool thread....subbed

Looks good dood!  I've got a mix of potted plants, raised beds and some other stuff in the ground.  I've had a Meyer lemon for quite a few years now, can't beat the smell of citrus blooms and usually get a few lemons a year (which for the Pacific NW is pretty good IMO).  There are also a ton of super dwarf variety fruit trees these days, I've got a peach, as well as things like columnar apples that you can grow in pots.  Also just picked up some newfangled dwarf thornless blackberry variety called 'baby cakes'.  The bees seem to be enjoying it.

With your growing season/climate you should add a passion fruit to your collection.  Really nice flowers and the fruit is so good.

I'm going to try to grow potatoes in buckets this year, based on this guy's method.  I also have a potato tower going, so I'll compare the results of the two.

The tower concept 

TryhardNobody -

The ppl who repeatedly make fun of me seem to have the same things in common. Boring ass d bags

"Omg how could you be getting laid all the time when all I do is grow parsley all day!!" 

Lol 

This was a weird post.... 

Awesome garden mutant.

I grow tomatoes and herbs on my terrace in self watering containers.

My mom has a decent yard, but she does all containers too, but she has huge ones.

GenericAmerican - 

I'm going to try to grow potatoes in buckets this year, based on this guy's method.  I also have a potato tower going, so I'll compare the results of the two.

The tower concept 

There are also fabric bags you can use, which are nice as they've got handles so you can move them around easier than the pots.  It's probably not often (if ever) that you'll need to, but if you ever do need to you'll appreciate the handles.

DYS -

Nice raised bed garden you have there 

GenericAmerican - I recommend an automated drip watering system. They even sell kits for potted plants. Even if you think you'll be good at watering consistently, plants always seem to do better with an automated system.

I'm going to do one eventually just haven't had time and right now I water 2 times per day and am using Mulch to help keep the soil moist and seems to be going good so far  

boxcar-for-life -
Mutant -
boxcar-for-life -

Check out this video 

Allegedly avocados are not easy to grow. More of a green thumb grower. 

Remember though u can purchase a tree at different maturity stages. (Might have to pay more) When I bought my mango tree it was only 3-4 years old and already had full sized fruit on it. 

We are going to pass on avocado's for now but it's something we want to grow down the road.