I'm in best cardio shape since I was 18 years old

I would challenge me all the way back to the early 90's in anything with running, hills, obstacles, stairs, etc.   45 year old me is going to kill this 42 year old me in 3 years too. 

Helped my ex wife with her flooded cellar the other day and we were carrying water buckets and the vac and up and down the stairs to outside.  I was treating it like a workout without a change in heart rate and she looked like a sweaty tomato catching her breath.  

When I hiked a mountain(well what I call a mountain) when I was 25 I was a strong dude but I was dying 10 minutes in.  This fall I did one about same distance and I was prancing around effortlessly like the phaggot I am .  

Man if I could go back in time and slap the creatine and world gym membership out of my hand I would. 

Who else is in better real world shape than they were in the day? 

I was already in good cardio shape because I bike and do BJJ ... I'm doing a triathlon this year so I'm only really running, swimming, and biking right now. My cardio is going to be out of control this year. 

I rode 4 1/2 hours last friday, then 2 1/2 on sunday ... I was tired but not completely spent. I also swam twice and run once in that time. 

My time lifting weights was wasted. I look back at the hours I spent lifting weights instead of learning a new activity and it pisses me off a bit. I finally figured it out a few years ago and up until this triathlon thing I was only doing bjj, climbing, and biking. It was like a full body work out and could still maintain good cardio. My weight varies by about 5 lbs throughout the year and I don't really diet or watch what I eat. I mean, I had lucky charms for breakfast this morning. LOL.

When I first moved to colorado I had to prepare to hike 14'ers because all I did was lift. Now I could go hike them all day ... ride my bike ... and still get up and do bjj the next morning. 

Cardio fitness feels great 

How would you fare in an obstacle course against Big Tim Riggins?

And you have to be wearing those footsie pajamas of yours, while listening to death metal.

EFM -

Cardio fitness feels great 

8 years ago I couldn't go 5 minutes on a treadmill .  Not even joking.  

Hocky -

How would you fare in an obstacle course against Big Tim Riggins?

And you have to be wearing those footsie pajamas of yours, while listening to death metal.

Is oakie the acorn watching?

Must have given you a good feeling knowing you were a one-man fire brigade and she was more like a soaked veggie. Not sure if the split was your choice or hers but, if hers...ha

Life long runner who is older now.
I was by far in the best running shape of my life from about my mid 30s thru my mid 40s. By around 50 years old injuries had cost me a bit of my edge.
55 now and could absolutely out run the me from when I was a 20-30 year old.

BMF12 - Must have given you a good feeling knowing you were a one-man fire brigade and she was more like a soaked veggie. Not sure if the split was your choice or hers but, if hers...ha

Yes, yes it did.  We get along well now but I didn't start getting into shape until a year or two left in our marriage.   It was weird to see her dying like that.   How I would have been 

What kind of workout you do? Im doing strong lifts 5x5 then adding about 15 minute circuit training at the end. On somedays i just do circuit training only. Maybe i should use my $500 trek mountain bike that holds up my jeans also

Ringworm74 - What kind of workout you do? Im doing strong lifts 5x5 then adding about 15 minute circuit training at the end. On somedays i just do circuit training only. Maybe i should use my $500 trek mountain bike that holds up my jeans also

Boot camp class once a week and Orangetheory once a week.  Plus way more outdoor walks and trail runs.  Forest bathing if you will 

orangetheory is making my cardio and HIIT energy go bonkers.  

Orange Theory??

Ringworm74 - Orange Theory??

Made a thread when I started few months ago.   Their male membership is going up fast.  It is fucking brutal if you really get after it. Sure there's

one near you.  If not will be soon  

This is the place that originally turned it around for me fitness wise about 5 years ago 

Girly -

I would challenge me all the way back to the early 90's in anything with running, hills, obstacles, stairs, etc.   45 year old me is going to kill this 42 year old me in 3 years too. 

Helped my ex wife with her flooded cellar the other day and we were carrying water buckets and the vac and up and down the stairs to outside.  I was treating it like a workout without a change in heart rate and she looked like a sweaty tomato catching her breath.  

When I hiked a mountain(well what I call a mountain) when I was 25 I was a strong dude but I was dying 10 minutes in.  This fall I did one about same distance and I was prancing around effortlessly like the phaggot I am .  

Man if I could go back in time and slap the creatine and world gym membership out of my hand I would. 

Who else is in better real world shape than they were in the day? 

Man if I could go back in time and slap the creatine and world gym membership out of my hand I would. ------

:)

clattymine -

I was already in good cardio shape because I bike and do BJJ ... I'm doing a triathlon this year so I'm only really running, swimming, and biking right now. My cardio is going to be out of control this year. 

I rode 4 1/2 hours last friday, then 2 1/2 on sunday ... I was tired but not completely spent. I also swam twice and run once in that time. 

My time lifting weights was wasted. I look back at the hours I spent lifting weights instead of learning a new activity and it pisses me off a bit. I finally figured it out a few years ago and up until this triathlon thing I was only doing bjj, climbing, and biking. It was like a full body work out and could still maintain good cardio. My weight varies by about 5 lbs throughout the year and I don't really diet or watch what I eat. I mean, I had lucky charms for breakfast this morning. LOL.

When I first moved to colorado I had to prepare to hike 14'ers because all I did was lift. Now I could go hike them all day ... ride my bike ... and still get up and do bjj the next morning. 

My time lifting weights was wasted. I look back at the hours I spent lifting weights instead of learning a new activity and it pisses me off a bit.-----

:)

Ringworm74 - Orange Theory??

Orange Theory people have a presence at the Millenium Racing events. I've never looked deeply into the whole deal but it sounds like its pretty good.

Not the TB12 method but still...

BMF12 -
Ringworm74 - Orange Theory??

Orange Theory people have a presence at the Millenium Racing events. I've never looked deeply into the whole deal but it sounds like its pretty good.

Not the TB12 method but still...

My friends wife took like 3 minutes of her 5k pr after going there for a couple months.  I don't even buy into the red/orange zone stuff and burning for hours later.  I do believe in it kicking your ass and getting you in shape 

Girly -

This is the place that originally turned it around for me fitness wise about 5 years ago 

For work capacity, nothing beats when I was doing kettlebell workouts with heavy-ish kettlebells back when I was like 30. I would just smoke people doing 'chores' like you're talking about. I'm getting back there, but my 30-yo self would still smoke me. Injuries suck.

There are very few things in everyday life that way 53lbs, and when there are you don't have to lift them dozens of times or keep a hold of them overhead and at awkward angles.

That said, everyone in that video looks like they're about to hurt themselves.

Farmer's walks with 32s, do them.