Im looking for a new hobby!

Accidently did this in the UG, so re-posting here.

Something other then working out (I already do that and I no longer train MMA at a gym due to time/distance/expense), reading, hunting, fishing or video games.  Something not terribly expensive either and maybe something you can do at home.  Im looking to fill some down time when I dont have my kids (single dad).  It gets pretty boring with out them and I dont really do much with friends.  Im kind of introvert as well.  There has to be things out there Im not thinking of or just dont know about.  What do you guys do?  

Start hiking and get a drone. 

1 Like

If you're free in the mornings you can try day trading. Start with $100 or $1,000 and see how long you can make it last. Learn from your mistakes and try again until you quit or become profitable. 

Like training BJJ, you'll get your ass kicked everyday in the beginning but eventually you will see progress.

5 members of NWA. Eazy Cube Dre Ren and Yella

Ben takes him down and works him there as much as I hate to say it with his odd takedowns. Askren is a tough fight for anybody and Nick just hasn't been that active in the last few years. Phone Post 3.0

You can do rock climbing. Bouldering is relatively cheap and you can do it on your own. It's like Jiu jitsu in that it's athletic problem solving. Not too intensive. 

Climbing gym girls are usually very fit too which is always cool. 

1 Like
DollawayGotFistedByAPillow -

If you're free in the mornings you can try day trading. Start with $100 or $1,000 and see how long you can make it last. Learn from your mistakes and try again until you quit or become profitable. 

Like training BJJ, you'll get your ass kicked everyday in the beginning but eventually you will see progress.

Can you expand on this a little please... 

Just like, how and where to start...

I don't know shit about this stuff...

clattymine -

You can do rock climbing. Bouldering is relatively cheap and you can do it on your own. It's like Jiu jitsu in that it's athletic problem solving. Not too intensive. 

I have been going to a climbing gym and it is awesome.

1 Like

You can start OGing a bit more.

1 Like

Do model cars or airplanes

R/C Cars - Mr Smiffy and myself would both be good sources.  I built a Tamiya WRX AWD for like 100$.  

collect bourbon,scotch,rum,tequila,etc

Phone Video Games - PUBG, Call of Duty, etc. 

ABCTT_Disco Dracula -

YouTube is the best free source to learn. You kind of have to collect as much information as possible and come up With your own style after a lot of trial and error. I would recommend to be a skeptic with a lot of videos but take in the educational information that may be in them. You can paper trade during your education process to get a feel for reading charts before you start using real money. 

Also keep your expectations tame.

1st year goal is try not to lose all your money. 2nd year goal try to maintain your money or at least profit some. 3rd year try to make a passive income. Etc etc

Take a class. They are fun and you meet new people.

I have taken all kinds of classes and always made friends and had a good experience. I took months of French classes and got mistaken for being French in Paris.

I took some complete wine courses at ICE.

I took a short pottery course and made some sweet espresso cups.

Cooking classes are always fun.

My wife is currently taking art classes, and Ill likely take Italian soon.

It is a great balance if you work out a lot and work a lot.

awesome!

most obvious answer of all time. TABLE TENNIS. it is waiting for you. wicked sport.

Zned -

Take a class. They are fun and you meet new people.

I have taken all kinds of classes and always made friends and had a good experience. I took months of French classes and got mistaken for being French in Paris.

I took some complete wine courses at ICE.

I took a short pottery course and made some sweet espresso cups.

Cooking classes are always fun.

My wife is currently taking art classes, and Ill likely take Italian soon.

It is a great balance if you work out a lot and work a lot.

God call! 

I took a welding class. It was pretty cool!

There was recently a thread asking what people's hobbies were, check that out for ideas.

Start simple, take a topic you like, and just learn and read about it. Doesn't matter what it is, US history, poker, dog training, just get a good book and start learning about it. Likewise, take a topic you don't know much about, but comes up in conversations, and start learning about that. 

That's a simple thing to fill your time until you come up with something you really want as a hobby 

1 Like
clattymine -

I would like to do more of this.  However, the closest one is about an hour and half away.

sicko -

There was recently a thread asking what people's hobbies were, check that out for ideas.

Start simple, take a topic you like, and just learn and read about it. Doesn't matter what it is, US history, poker, dog training, just get a good book and start learning about it. Likewise, take a topic you don't know much about, but comes up in conversations, and start learning about that. 

That's a simple thing to fill your time until you come up with something you really want as a hobby 

I thought I saw a thread about it but when I searched hobbies, nothing came up.  

ABCTT Dos -

You can start OGing a bit more.

337 posts since 2006 isnt enough for you, LOL.  

ABCTT_Disco Dracula -

YouTube is the best free source to learn. You kind of have to collect as much information as possible and come up With your own style after a lot of trial and error. I would recommend to be a skeptic with a lot of videos but take in the educational information that may be in them. You can paper trade during your education process to get a feel for reading charts before you start using real money. 

Also keep your expectations tame.

1st year goal is try not to lose all your money. 2nd year goal try to maintain your money or at least profit some. 3rd year try to make a passive income. Etc etc

Awesome.... I'll look into this...

Love YouTube University...

Thanks broski...