I'm losing 20 pounds before Oct. 31th... Watch!

So, my weight fluctuates a lot. Generally, I carry around a good amount of muscle... and fat. I weigh around 215, and I'm around 5'7"... I know that sounds fat as shit, but I deadlift 445, so I've got some muscle, and I carry my fat well.

Anyway, I weighed about 215 almost a year ago, and then I broke up with my long time girlfriend. Within a couple months, I got down to a fairly lean 180... and then I met a girl who really likes me, so I've ballooned back up to 215. Nothing makes me fat more quickly than the love of good woman! And nothing makes me svelte like being single! But, unfortunately, it's looking like this current relationship might be ending soon, so it's time to get back into "showroom condition".

Relationships aside, I hate my fat body, so I'm going to lose the weight. Getting down to 195 in two months or so is completely do-able. I can do that while keeping my muscle and eating healthy, I think.

I should mention I have a drinking problem, which is the main cause of my weight gain. I don't think I'm an alcoholic exactly... but I drink WAY too much. Anyway, I'm going to fix that.

Basically, I'm doing Leangains with more or less paleo foods.... that worked like gangbusters last time. Lift heavy. Walk. Play. Sleep. Repeat. No booze, except on RARE occasions (like Halloween).

I'll check back in every so often to give you updates. And I'll post photos at the end. I can't start with my fatty fat pics. This thread is just to keep me honest, and hopefully to inspire others when I'm done.

Im 5'8 & 213 and I would characterize my body type the same way you characterized yours, except my PR DL is 425 strapless.

Good luck.

Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' small, bony, thin and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Hocky Balboa - Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' small, bony, thin and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

OP After:

TryhardNobody - post up your fat pics. that would be the best motivation imo. otherwise you can just quit at anytime and no one will know if you lost a lound or gained 30

Agreed.

Good luck broseph! Phone Post

AbbottMary - 
TryhardNobody - post up your fat pics. that would be the best motivation imo. otherwise you can just quit at anytime and no one will know if you lost a lound or gained 30

Agreed.

Not to be a little bitch, but I'd rather not post pics on the internet in which I'm easily identifiable (especially fatty pics!). I took a couple pics, and a video, of my fat self - but my face is clear in all of them...

So, how about this... in the next three or four days, I'll have my girlfriend take a pic where my face is NOT visible, but my fat stomach is, and I'll buy a blue name and upload it. Then, I'll post another in 8 weeks or so, and everyone can marvel at the transformation.

That would be good motivation for me. I'm on it!

Phaedo - 
AbbottMary - 

Agreed.

Not to be a little bitch, but I'd rather not post pics on the internet in which I'm easily identifiable (especially fatty pics!). I took a couple pics, and a video, of my fat self - but my face is clear in all of them...

So, how about this... in the next three or four days, I'll have my girlfriend take a pic where my face is NOT visible, but my fat stomach is, and I'll buy a blue name and upload it. Then, I'll post another in 8 weeks or so, and everyone can marvel at the transformation.

I can relate to your reservations, if you want you can post the link after uploading it to an anonymous flickr acocunt or imgur and I'll post it for you.

TheOne - 
Phaedo - 
AbbottMary - 

Agreed.

I can relate to your reservations, if you want you can post the link after uploading it to an anonymous flickr acocunt or imgur and I'll post it for you.

Cool. Thanks for the help. Give me a couple days to get the pics and upload them, and then I'll post the link.

BTW, I plan to flex in the pics... I'm not sure how much that will help.

I'll also post my current lifts on the deadlift, squat, weighted chins and weighted dips (...my shoulder is fucked, so i'm not benching now...). My goal is to lose weight, but not lose any strength. Gaining strength would be an obvious plus.

TryhardNobody - you dont have to buy a blue name. if you post the link ill post em for ya. just send me a message if i dont catch em right away or if nobody else posts em. Good luck with your weight loss. i understand not wanting to show your face on here. I thought u had pics without your face already

Thanks for the support, and will do on the pics! My girlfriend's mom is in town this weekend (which means I won't see my GF, by herself, until next week). But I'll have her take some faceless pics and then post the links ASAP.

I'm pretty stoked to get lean again. Booze is not good!

Phaedo - 
TryhardNobody - you dont have to buy a blue name. if you post the link ill post em for ya. just send me a message if i dont catch em right away or if nobody else posts em. Good luck with your weight loss. i understand not wanting to show your face on here. I thought u had pics without your face already

Thanks for the support, and will do on the pics! My girlfriend's mom is in town this weekend (which means I won't see my GF, by herself, until next week). But I'll have her take some faceless pics and then post the links ASAP.

I'm pretty stoked to get lean again. Booze is not good!

Hopefully seeing someone with the same body type as myself progress will light a fire under my ass. Dont hold your breathe tho lol

The OG has your back.

31th?? Phone Post 3.0

update?

???,...

no update?

also,you should be more concerned with bodyfat percentile than what the scale says. just my $0.02