Im sad to say

ausgepicht - I think the point is pretty clear. Trying to say the best fighter in a division is not the champ is silly, ESPECIALLY if the guy you think is better than the champ has LOST to the champ recently.

THIS and THIS and THIS and THIS; ALSO..!!!!!!

mir will prob beat carwin, i hope nog will beat cain. but im officially on the dos santo's bandwagon! and brock, if he comes back at 100% of what he was, still beats mir like a bitch, but i think carwin has a great chance against him.

ausgepicht - I think the point is pretty clear. Trying to say the best fighter in a division is not the champ is silly, ESPECIALLY if the guy you think is better than the champ has LOST to the champ recently.
Just curious, but was your stance the same when Serra beat GSP?  Or did you know that GSP was the better fighter irregarless of the fact that Serra beat him?  

ausgepicht - I haven't checked my usual MMA news sources today, but did BLAF or Swock say he was defintely not coming back or something?

mmafighting.com:

News about UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar was expected to come this week, but with the days winding down, mum seems to be the word.

UFC President Dana White, when reached via text, said he could not comment on anything regarding the champion's health and re-evaluation.

"Brock asked me not to talk about it," he said. "I have to respect that."

When asked if he could make any statement at all about Lesnar, White was again uncharacteristically silent.

"No comment," he said. "First time in nine years I have ever said that."

cain would beat up mir

Looks like Brock is out AT LEAST a year now and may not ever return.

That makes Mir top dog at HW with the winner of Mir/Carwin the champ.

Dana could very well be trumpeting that Frank Mir is the best HW in the world within a few months.

Archer0545 - 
Just curious, but was your stance the same when Serra beat GSP?  Or did you know that GSP was the better fighter irregarless of the fact that Serra beat him?  

You make a pretty good point. Really. That is a pretty grand exception to the rule though. I can't think of too many of those.

ausgepicht - 
Archer0545 - 

You make a pretty good point. Really. That is a pretty grand exception to the rule though. I can't think of too many of those.

I think it happens allot in the sport, I just don't think it happens too many times with champions.

lil nog, big nog (when better health) cain, dos santos

Ill go with Todd Duffee.

Archer0545 -  I would like to see him and Nog go at it again, just to clear things up.  Mir catches allot of shit for his brash personality but he is a great fighter nonetheless.

I absolutely agree with this.

TEFLON JON - PembrokePinesVillain -  he is the only hw in the ufc with amazing jits. besides rolles

Big Nog?!?!?

ouch, sorry, i feel so ashamed, sorry nog

all i ment is that now that brock is out for a while mir is number1, and i think he will get the strap soon. He tooled everyone hes fought recently ecept for the champ, who is out

can cain or carwin or anyone beat him? maybe, but i dont think so. Mir is now the biggest heavyweight in the devision second to brock, who again....is out.

hes got the best jits besides nog, who he already beat so it doesnt matter.

cain and carwin are the only people that could possibly beathim but i dont see it happening.

its just my prediction that he will be champ soon if brock doesnt come back. interim i guess

terrible troll

PembrokePinesVillain -  all i ment is that now that brock is out for a while mir is number1, and i think he will get the strap soon. He tooled everyone hes fought recently ecept for the champ, who is out

can cain or carwin or anyone beat him? maybe, but i dont think so. Mir is now the biggest heavyweight in the devision second to brock, who again....is out.

hes got the best jits besides nog, who he already beat so it doesnt matter.

cain and carwin are the only people that could possibly beathim but i dont see it happening.

its just my prediction that he will be champ soon if brock doesnt come back. interim i guess
I think Carwin is just as big as the new Supersized Mir.  Doesn't he weigh in at the max or am I mistaken?  If it's not 265 I know he damn close.  I see him and Carwin being a very cloes fight with Mir having the clear advantage on the ground and probably pretty evenly matched on the feet. I think he'd beat Cain right now but who knows in a year or two.