I'm sad...

I has sad too. Phone Post 3.0

We all are. Fucking sucks man. 

BJ is a living legend. Few years from now, hopefully we can forget all this and just remember his fights with Hughes, Diego, Florian, Sherk etc.

Remember the old BJ Penn. Remember the guy who captured our imaginations winning the Mundials at BB after only three years of BJJ, then came into MMA at the tender age of 22 and just started straight blasting people. The BJ Penn who never backed down, fought anybody at any weight, and went up a weight class to stop the most dominant UFC champion up to that point. The BJ Penn who captivated us all with his LW title run, and owner of easily the best, most impactful and emotional walkouts in MMA. 

Lets remember that BJ Penn. The great BJ Penn.

Been watching by since I was 10. I'm 23. Dad used to teach us wrestling takedowns off of old fights. That shit broke my heart. Something told me as soon as I saw him in the corner before the fight. Epic post fight speech. No excuses all heart. Bj will always be an all time great and favorite. Phone Post 3.0

My dinner is now Jameson Phone Post 3.0

My favorite fighter of all time. All I have now is the Diaz Bros, Gegard Mousasi, Ian McCall, and Jacare.

Not taking away anything from the freak of nature fighters dominating shit these days. They just don't have the aura that makes me want to watch them.

"John M - We all are. Fucking sucks man. BJ is a living legend. Few years from now, hopefully we can forget all this and just remember his fights with Hughes, Diego, Florian, Sherk etc...Remember the old BJ Penn. Remember the guy who captured our imaginations winning the Mundials at BB after only three years of BJJ, then came into MMA at the tender age of 22 and just started straight blasting people. The BJ Penn who never backed down, fought anybody at any weight, and went up a weight class to stop the most dominant UFC champion up to that point. The BJ Penn who captivated us all with his LW title run, and owner of easily the best, most impactful and emotional walkouts in MMA.  Lets remember that BJ Penn. The great BJ Penn."

Great fucking post!...The fact you mentioned his walk out,beautiful.

aboveandbeyond - My favorite fighter of all time. All I have now is the Diaz Bros, Gegard Mousasi, Ian McCall, and Jacare.

Not taking away anything from the freak of nature fighters dominating shit these days. They just don't have the aura that makes me want to watch them.

So true regarding the "new age" freak of nature fighters. The baddest man at HW & LHW have the personalities of a peanut...

i am too buddy, i am too...

A little bit of my soul died tonight. I had to rewatch him licking up hughes blood to feel a little better Phone Post 3.0

John M -

We all are. Fucking sucks man. 

BJ is a living legend. Few years from now, hopefully we can forget all this and just remember his fights with Hughes, Diego, Florian, Sherk etc.

Remember the old BJ Penn. Remember the guy who captured our imaginations winning the Mundials at BB after only three years of BJJ, then came into MMA at the tender age of 22 and just started straight blasting people. The BJ Penn who never backed down, fought anybody at any weight, and went up a weight class to stop the most dominant UFC champion up to that point. The BJ Penn who captivated us all with his LW title run, and owner of easily the best, most impactful and emotional walkouts in MMA. 

Lets remember that BJ Penn. The great BJ Penn.

Best post ive read in a long time Phone Post 3.0

Matrixkick -
JToller - That just doesn't make since? I'm confused on why his team wanted him to fight that way. Phone Post 3.0
This! Someone explain what just happened! Please shed some light for me..

I'm bummed too Phone Post 3.0
His coaches said they felt he could generate more power that way.

Apparently they didn't watch any tape on the first 20 years of mixed martial arts...

This fucking sucks. Phone Post 3.0

With all f you. Never be another like that dude. Phone Post 3.0

Bro hug

I'm right with you op. So bummed and the press conference brought me even farther down. Phone Post 3.0

Sometimes...there are no words. Phone Post 3.0

MMA just isn't going to be the same without BJ Penn.

Woke up....still sad :( Phone Post 3.0

BJ Penn will be missed, such a charismatic fighter.

I'm with you malvert, feeling a bit down myself this morning. That was a tough fight to watch, my heart goes out to BJ. Such a warrior...

War Penn! Phone Post 3.0

Someone mentioned jacare, he's my last man standing Phone Post 3.0