I'm sad...

Bro bj was always my favorite fighter from the start when I started watching mma he fought din thomas I feel like dying Phone Post 3.0

After reading about the post fight presser, I couldn't bring myself to watch it Phone Post 3.0

DirtyLickinsBrah - Woke up....still sad :( Phone Post 3.0
VTFU's all around, to quell the sorrow. I'm sad, too, Malvert... I am sad, too.

Let this be the Official Collective BJ Penn Fan Comfort/Bro-Hug Thread.

Thank you so much for the memories and the highlight-reel of devastation- thank you from the core of my very being for the hours of entertainment you provided me, along with millions of others, over the years, Mr. Penn.

You were always one of a very select few who personified their nickname: "The Prodigy." Your accolades, fight statistics, Championships in two weight divisions, and career accomplishments will live on forever in the history books- and tattooed in the minds of fans like myself. Thank you so much, BJ. One of a kind.

War BJ Penn. Phone Post 3.0

When Penn walked to the octagon, I felt overwhelmed seeing the legend on his way back into the cage. It was intense. That doesn't happen with ordinary fighters, ordinary people. That kind of connection only happens with very special people. BJ Penn is a very special person.

He always shot for the stars when he set goals. He may not know, but he achieved his place. He is a legend that moves the entire world. That's what greatness is. Phone Post 3.0

I woke up sad as well.

To lighten up the thread a little:

Last night after watching the fight, I decided to show my wife the true BJ Penn, as I didn't want her perception of him to be from his recent fights. All I did was show her his destruction of Sherk.

She said as follows:

"Wow..he knocked him out twice. Well if that's what he did to guys before then maybe it's ok that he retired."

It made me feel better knowing that the dude had such a legendary career, and that it cannot go on forever.

And what I have to say to BJ:

Who knows if you will ever read this. You have impacted my life more than you know. I'm not an MMA fighter, nor do I currently train in any martial art. Your reach is far beyond that. You have inspired me to be something, be somebody, and have a large purpose in life. You have taught me what it means to never let go of my dreams. Nobody can take that away.

So every time I drink a beer, BJ, I'll drink one for you.

We love you and wish you much happiness and success in your life. Phone Post 3.0

MasterofMartialArts - I woke up sad as well.

Last night after watching the fight, I decided to show my wife the true BJ Penn, as I didn't want her perception of him to be from his recent fights. All I did was show her his destruction of Sherk.

She said as follows:

"Wow..he knocked him out twice. Well if that's what he did to guys before then maybe it's ok that he retired."

It made me feel better knowing that the dude had such a legendary career, and that it cannot go on forever.

Who knows if you will ever read this. You have impacted my life more than you know. I'm not an MMA fighter, nor do I currently train in any martial art. Your reach is far beyond that. You have inspired me to be something, be somebody, and have a large purpose in life. You have taught me what it means to never let go of my dreams. Nobody can take that away.

We love you and wish you much happiness and success in your life. Phone Post 3.0

If I could I would vote you up for committing to turn every beer into a binge session in the name of Baby Jay.

youarewhatiswrong -
MasterofMartialArts - I woke up sad as well.

She said as follows:

If I could I would vote you up for committing to turn every beer into a binge session in the name of Baby Jay.
Amen brother. I will vote you up in approximately 12 hours. Phone Post 3.0

John M - 

We all are. Fucking sucks man. 

BJ is a living legend. Few years from now, hopefully we can forget all this and just remember his fights with Hughes, Diego, Florian, Sherk etc.

Remember the old BJ Penn. Remember the guy who captured our imaginations winning the Mundials at BB after only three years of BJJ, then came into MMA at the tender age of 22 and just started straight blasting people. The BJ Penn who never backed down, fought anybody at any weight, and went up a weight class to stop the most dominant UFC champion up to that point. The BJ Penn who captivated us all with his LW title run, and owner of easily the best, most impactful and emotional walkouts in MMA. 

Lets remember that BJ Penn. The great BJ Penn.

ttt

I'm still sad. There's a little part of me that left with BJ when he exited the cage. His legacy doesn't just lie in the accomplishments he achieved as a fighter but also the impact he had on peoples lives. He will go down as one of the best mixed martial artists that ever lived and I'm glad to have been there through all of his ups and downs.

Thank you BJ for taking us along your spectacular journey.