I'm SO confused by this new forum

Cool! Used to watch it when I was a kid. One of the early victims of being canceled.

On January 1, 1965, miffed at having to work on the holiday, Sales ended his live broadcast by encouraging his young viewers to tiptoe into their still-sleeping parents’ bedrooms and remove those “funny green pieces of paper with pictures of U.S. Presidents” from their pants and pocketbooks. “Put them in an envelope and mail them to me”, Soupy instructed the children.[13] Several days later, substantial amounts of money had begun arriving in the mail; Sales stated that the total amount received was in the thousands of dollars but qualified that by stating that much of that was in play money.[14] Sales said he had been joking and that whatever real money had been sent would be donated to charity, but as parents’ complaints increased, WNEW’s management suspended Sales for two weeks.

Jesus fuck please god stop using the word “canceled” to replace “faced appropriate consequences”.

1 Like

OK Dad.

His show got canceled for two week, but you be you.

GIF by F*CK, THAT'S DELICIOUS

Very clearly not the context you were using the word, but snark is snark.

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

All the while the page is skipping all over the place… it’s a mess

Can someone please tell me if there is a Subscriptions area of this dogshit forum? If there’s not that’s a laughable oversight. WTF.

You must be trolling at this point. Or incredibly slow witted…

That’s not true at all.

Anytime someone posts in a thread you are watching (the new equivalent to subscribe) you will get a notification over your profile icon, top right.

this is so simple

MY SUBSCRIPTIONS

consists of in this order

THE LAST THREAD YOU POSTed ON
the 2nd to last thread you posted on

the 3rd to last thread you posted on
the 4th to last thread you posted on
the 5th to last thread you posted on
the 6th to last thread you posted on
the 7th to last thread you posted on
the 8th to last thread you posted on
the 9th to last thread you posted on
etc
etc
etc

I meant the scroll bar. I still prefer pages to the scroll bar for long threads. Only for the fact that it’s easier to refer someone to page 56 than “around post 4658.”

You can have a link for each post in the thread if you want to refer someone to a specific post.
e.g.

You can also search within a thread to find a post you sort of remember.

Delete Old Man GIF

2 Likes