Im Sorry I Failed Everyone@TKO26

1950, I will say this!

I dont know much about MMA, but I respect you as you got more balls than half of this forum.

Nobody is undefeated

Everyone will loose in the game

its how you pick yourself up and bounce back from it that will make you better

if this is what you wanna do than you have to realize that

Greg,

I dont even know you but I can tell you one thing......Anyone who steps into a ring or cage is already a winner!! You have showed class by your comments but they are unnecessary as you are already a winner. Every fighter wins and looses....and most do get KO's eventually.

FYI - Every fight I have ever promoted or been in there is a winner and runner up. There are no loosers.

Learn, grow and go forward. Keep fighting!!

Keith Crawford
King of the Cage

Stephane Dube is the Randy Couture of MMA, that's for sure.

C

"Stephane Dube is the Randy Couture of mma"

Best... quote... ever!

you have the balls to step up and fight that alone makes me have a lot of respect for you. i think it's safe to say that no one considers you losing a failure. if you're undefeated you aren't fighting tough enough guys.

thx Ro....

... and in all seriousness Greg... obviously you're not supposed to feel good about a loss. You should never get used to losing.

But, you shouldn't feel down on yourself and end up doubting yourself if you went into a fight and fought your best. As long as you prepared well, went into the fight and fought hard/smart, not hesitating, not beating yourself, then you have nothing to regret or feel bad about.

If however you did go in out of shape or maybe in shape and just froze up, not letting your tools happen, then you should look at that more closely.

So in this case, you were in shape, and you froze. It has happened to me, and many others I'm sure. You need to look at it honestly and know why you did. Then eliminate that doubt by whatever means help YOU.

another thing to look at is, make sure you're not going in overtrained (well, I like to use the term "under-rested", cuz the body can take a hell of a lot). You say you trained harder for this one than any other. Make sure that when you train hard, that you are getting a lot of rest and eating good/enough as well. If you work fulltime, keep in mind that mental stress and stress of family, etc., can affect your physical recovery.... obviously I'm sure more fighters have lost due to under-training than under-resting, so to err on the side of caution is good, just make sure that you are getting adequate rest, and that when it's time to sleep, SLEEP. This is why training fulltime is HUGE for recovery, as you can nap if needed, and "other things" in life do not become an issue. Not all of us can do that just yet, so get your rest elsewhere and eliminate aggravation in other areas.

Obviously, being a competitor, it never feels good to lose.

C

ttt for Greg, a fine example of hard work and dedication!

Greg you'll bounce back man.. Every1 has their ups and downs.. AND GET THIS MAN A GREEN NAME

You never failed anyone or yourself Greg, keep
training, you're young, you've got lots of fight in
ya! Respect.

great post Chad

TTT for Compton

And you should be sorry.LOL

I have never heard one thing said bad about you.People say you have the heart of a lion.Learn from this and keep training hard.A lot of guys look up to you on how you carry yourself in the ring and out of the ring.I hope my kids grow up with a little bit of your heart and charisma.I hope one day to compete against you in a BJJ or submission grappling tourney if you still do them.The honour would be mine.

Keep training and fighting hard.Best of luck.

Greg,

Losing SUCKS. I know it first hand. You train like a freak and somehow your brain doesn't make it into the ring with you. But you know what... The rest of you STILL CLIMBED THROUGH THE ROPES!!!! Most people can never say that. Hold your head up, learn from the experience and get better. Just look at how far you've come and imagine just how far you can go.

I'm proud of you!

Phil Hughes

TTT 4 "Straight Outta" Compton

Props for getting in there and putting it on the line!

You didn't fail one bit.

WOW...Greg...this is a heartbreaking thread my man.

You far from failed everyone...in fact, I think you made everyone proud.

Stephane Dube is a bad, bad man with awesome skills. You have nothing to be ashamed about getting caught by one of Dube's attacking assaults. The man is a machine.

I remember years ago a guy who just got into the grappling scene and wanted to learn everything he could about submissions, sweeps and escapes. Then he wondered if he should get into MMA. Next thing you know, he puts on a winning streak and takes on anyone and everyone who promoters will put in front of him.

Failed? Ashamed? I don't think so Greg...I for one am proud to know you and will always be a big supporter of Greg Compton.

Get back in the gym, work those hands, drive those takedowns and get back in the ring and represent 'COMPTON'!!!!

Get off the ledge dude.

That guy is tough.

Take it easy Greg. I think once fighters realize that they aren't going to lose anyone's respect by losing a match (not anyone important anyway), a lot of pressure will be taken off of them. I tried to tell you that before you went in to that match: win or lose, you will still have the respect of your friends,girlfriend, family and training partners. Take that pressure of losing off and you can perform to the best of your ability. You don't lose..you learn. If Dube is the Couture of MMA, you are the Steve Vigneault of Canadian MMA. See you soon, buddy!
- Ryan

Anyone can pick their way around eventually to a winning record. It's being in the wars that will make you proud of yourself at the end of your career.

Terry

No apologies bud. Like I told you before, you fight long enough and eventually you will get caught with a good shot. You did train hard, your conditioning was good, we worked alot on high kicks, but you had a quick mental lapse and dropped your hands. Happens to the best. Don't stress on it and learn from it. You fought a strong fighter and it was his night. Don't think you failed anyone and don't get down on yourself. Come back strong for your next fight and I have all the faith in the world in you bud. I'll see ya for training on Friday and Sunday. Keep the chin up bro. Actually keep in down. Tucked way down. :)

hey man sorry to hear about your loss, if anyone knows you at all, youll be back in the ring, with more will and heart than ever before. You have a great work ethic, and a solid solid team backing you up man. No worries, just keep doing what your doing, youll be great man.

Cant wait to get back in the ring and roll with you bro and the rest of the guys at gladiators

cheers