Im tired of fighters picking their fights. re:cowb

Cowboys calls out Cole, that makes it official?

Mayhem calling people out and doesnt deserve the fight.

There are tons of examples of this.

Who died and made fighters into matchmakers?

If a fighter calls someone out, it tends to bring hype, hype sells tickets and that, is the end all be all of fight promotions (selling tickets).

calling out fighters in your own weight class always helps.

It doesn't make anything official. Fighters are asked in post fight interviews who they want to fight next. Cerrone answered honestly. Cole in turn wants the fight. Seems ok to me.

And it's not official until Dana & Joe Silva say so.

If you were a fighter, would you want Joe and Dana to have 100% control on who you fight?

Often when they call someone out, it's been discussed beforehand with Joe Silva and most the time suggested by him as a possible matchup if the fighter wins.

Why is it suddenly unacceptable to call people out? If you think it will be an exciting fight or you have some reason to call them out, I don't see any harm.

Sells tickets, keeps your name circulating and if the guy isn't expecting it could even get in his head (never know).

I'm calling out Chris Wilson. If he doesn't show up at the gym by 9:00am EST today, he's a coward!

It certainly beats the standard response of "I'll fight whoever the UFC puts in front of me".

I'm calling out Arianny Celeste for a no-gi, no-time limit, submissions-only, swimsuit sub grappling session, covered in baby oil.

Ummm.. Does that make it official?

hopes so

Cowboys picked the smartest fight he could IMO. Someone who is good at subs and doesn't pose a threat standing.and why is cyborg fighting Nick. Shit is getting old.

How many times has bisPING tried to pick his fights? Understand fren?

you mean like: Let me fight herchel walker?

Who cares how a fight comes about I it's an exciting fight that makes sense? Phone Post

stlnl2 - If a fighter calls someone out, it tends to bring hype, hype sells tickets and that, is the end all be all of fight promotions (selling tickets).

/thread

It would have been better if he had called out someone who could actually threaten him. Likely, Cole is the biggest name with the easiest win. No crack on Miller, but he has nothing for Cerrone.

Obviously, fighters are trying to use public opinion and interest to sway Joe Silva and Dana. Another way to look at it is that this is a good way to evaluate public interest in a fight. Whether it is a fighter, or Dana, have someone say something like "Lesnar and Mir should fight" (as Dana did) so that the fans can say "No", and Dana can make a more educated decision. I don't think people realize how carefully Dana, Joe Silva, etc. monitor and influence what shows up on TV. It's like in poker...you only see 1 in 1000 hands, and those are the ones that the guys running WSOP want you to see.

My thread should of been a little more specific. It wasnt aimed at Cowboy.

I just think so many guys these days try their best to fight who they want.

Seriously, Bisping never seems happy with his oppenents.

I took Cowboy calling Cole out as him trying to a fight that matches up really well agaisnt his style.

And then we have Mayhem trying to fight people he has no business fighting.

Calling people out is acceptable if there is beef, if its for hype, for money, to test yourself, or maybe the person your calling out is your idle.

That being said I see alot of people trying to fight Wandy that damn sure wouldnt of in his prime. Wandy was the last person people wanted to fight in Pride for 4 years. It was a nightmare for some. No hes older had some losses and the rules are different and people are knocking down doors for him.

It's more annoying to see guys asked who they want to fight and they just say "whoever they put in front of me."

It's a little more exciting when there is a specific fight they want. You know they'll be more motivated.

orcus - It's more annoying to see guys asked who they want to fight and they just say "whoever they put in front of me."

It's a little more exciting when there is a specific fight they want. You know they'll be more motivated.

I totally agree, after all it is a fight. I just think there is too much of this I want this dude on this day.