I'm tired of mega crossover events Man

Remember how awesome it was when The Secret Wars first came out in the 80's?Yeah,I barely do,but I remember reading this in the 90's and being totally excited seeing all of my favorite Marvel characters in one event.It was awesome.Happiness abound.

Now,it seems like this is a natural occurrence and it is going on EVERY MONTH of every year.

I'm sick of it.I liked it when characters like the Punisher/DareDevil/and Thor were in their own little worlds while also missing the days when Wolverine was in 3 titles...

Here is an interesting little read about the Dark Reign multi-mega-super-spectacular-cross-over event that Marvel is currently doing.

http://blog.newsarama.com/2009/07/06/dark-reign-man-the-cost-of-a-megaevent/

It's getting annoying with all of these books constantly being tied in to the story arc,but not really apart of the story arc.What also bothers me is the price of collecting for these mega-super-japanese-happy-funtime-cross overs.

TOTAL ISSUES THUS FAR: 198 ISSUES

TOTAL PRICE THUS FAR: $673.02

It's gotta stop,and hopefully soon.This is why I don't like Bendis.Because he puts dents in wallets lol.

I will say,that I honestly do not think that geeks are shilling out for all of these titles,rather I hope they don't because 198 different issues with the words "Dark Reign" somewhere on the cover is just a tad too much.

And.....Now I'm done venting.

And Joe Quesada?

Fuck you man,fuck you.

throws up in Joe Quesada and Mickey Mouse's Gaping anus'

You really dont have to get all the tie-ins for any event.
Personally I love it that a big event affect every major Marvel or DC character in some way.
Eg, if the Skrulls invade earth, or the multiverse is being brought back, it will affect everyone to some extent, regardless if they are the main characters in that plot or not.

If they make the tie-ins mandatory for understanding the plot, then yes I could see your point. But that's not usually the case.

I agree about everything EXCEPT Dark Reign.

DR is the best thing to happen to 616 Marvel in decades.

Hopefully after Dark Reign,all of the mega tie-ins finally stop for at least a little while.I would love to pick up and read Dark Reign,but there is soo many titles that I wouldn't know where to begin.

It really isn't just dark reign that bothers me,the story hasn't been that bad.
What bothers me is the many issues of Secret Invasion,Civil War,WWH and Dark Reign.What also bothers me is seeing all of my favorite characters not teaming up for the sake of all mankind every month,it would be a nice change of pace if there could be solo events again.

P.S. Annihilation was the shit.

I hear you, and I agree.

However, as long as the stories are consistent and good, I like to tag along for the ride.

It seems like Bendis has become the master of this particular medium.  He's been pretty seamless about integrating all this stuff together and you can tell he really loves the material.

Each one of his mini-series events has gotten better each time and - one way or another - they all tie in together, which is great for continuity geeks like myself.

Also, he actually means it when he says his events are going to change the status quo.  His Avengers run has been nothing short of the best the book has been in decades.  Well written, cohesive and well-paced.  Bendis makes you give a shit about former nobodies and seems to deliver a good 80% of the time.  That's a pretty good average.

He's won me over, for sure. 

Yeah Bendis has been delivering quality comics for quite some time now.
In the last 5 years, I would put him in second place of all comicbook writers when it comes to quality and quantity.
First place has to go to Geoff Johns. That guy is hitting nothing but homeruns.

"However, as long as the stories are consistent and good, I like to tag along for the ride"

I never would have thought that it would have been you Dirty Cake,and yet,it all makes so much sense now.

You're constantly pushing all of the new Marvel titles,telling us to give them a chance.

Nice try Dirty Cake...Or should I say,JOE QUESADA?!You're probably masturbating to the first issue of One More Day as we speak you sick and twisted man!

I now know exactly how Captain America felt before he was betrayed by Iron Man.

The stories are great,but once again,I don't have the money to shill out for 192 issues.

Who DOES have the money? Torrents.

DR has me checking Pirate Bay for releases just like I used to watch my mailbox for xmen comics as a kid.

Crazyfoo - "However, as long as the stories are consistent and good, I like to tag along for the ride"

I never would have thought that it would have been you Dirty Cake,and yet,it all makes so much sense now.

You're constantly pushing all of the new Marvel titles,telling us to give them a chance.

Nice try Dirty Cake...Or should I say,JOE QUESADA?!You're probably masturbating to the first issue of One More Day as we speak you sick and twisted man!

I now know exactly how Captain America felt before he was betrayed by Iron Man.

The stories are great,but once again,I don't have the money to shill out for 192 issues.

I buy, maybe, 10 titles a month and I torrent everything else.  Most torrents you can get the very same day they come out.

"I buy, maybe, 10 titles a month and I torrent everything else. Most torrents you can get the very same day they come out."

Nice.Where is a good place to check out for Dark Reign Torrents?

Pirate Bay.

I am tired of the major crossover events now. It is what got me back to reading superhero stuff, so it did pull me in, but now I am getting tired of seeing Osborn everywhere. Enough already!!

Dirty Cake - I hear you, and I agree.

However, as long as the stories are consistent and good, I like to tag along for the ride.

It seems like Bendis has become the master of this particular medium.  He's been pretty seamless about integrating all this stuff together and you can tell he really loves the material.

Each one of his mini-series events has gotten better each time and - one way or another - they all tie in together, which is great for continuity geeks like myself.

Also, he actually means it when he says his events are going to change the status quo.  His Avengers run has been nothing short of the best the book has been in decades.  Well written, cohesive and well-paced.  Bendis makes you give a shit about former nobodies and seems to deliver a good 80% of the time.  That's a pretty good average.

He's won me over, for sure. 

+1

Blackest Night is the first event that I'm buying every tie-in. Since I was never really into DC and Marvel till about 5 months ago.

I do plan on getting Siege and Fall of the Hulks events. I'm a diehard completist so Marvel and DC have roped me in. While I do like the Hulk I've never been into superheros but I'm wondering if I get into Siege maybe it will open up new horizens for me.

I am by no means rich but I do spend almost all my "disposable" income on comics. I know I posted my pull list awhile ago which consisted of 100+ titles but my 30% discount offsets some $$. I'm a huge fan on singles and almost never trade wait unless I get into a new series that's over 50 issues.

As for being sick of events, I'll answer that when Siege and Hulk events are done. Marvel has stated that every event from now on will be a strict 3-4 month event then on to the next phase.