IN AN EMERGENCY CAN YOU GET HOME FROM WORK?

say there was an emergency or natural disaster  where you couldn't drive your car(nor anyone elses) couldn't take mass transit and had to walk home.

could you get home?   could you get to your spouse, kids, family, etc and get them home as well?

what do you have at work that would help you?

me i have my EDC knife, flashlight water bottles on me

in my car i have blankets, gloves, another flashlight, poncho, tools, lighter

at work i have food, extra sweatshirt and coat i keep here incase i'm cold

from work i could also get extra food, tape, more water

i live about 10 miles from my work, my wife works 5 minutes from home and our kids go to two different schools both with in a mile of home so i'm confident i could get to them and get them all home within a matter of a couple hours.

I live 15 miles from work and have 3 John Deere 744 loaders I'd get home just fine if I really had too. 

Without a problem.  My office is in my breakfast nook.

That flashlight will expose you. Does your EDC knife glint? I could make good use out of some of the shit you carried.

I'm pretty far but could walk if I absolutely has to.

*had

This fucking keyboard blows !

UnderdoG - That flashlight will expose you. Does your EDC knife glint? I could make good use out of some of the shit you carried.

yeah but in an "emergency" need it's always good to have one

some of my knives will glint  some are dull black blades  and some are dull steel

3 miles from work, I got this.

It's 5 miles through upper middle class suburbs in the southwest. So no. I'd surely die of exposure. 

Pretjah - 
UnderdoG - That flashlight will expose you. Does your EDC knife glint? I could make good use out of some of the shit you carried.

some of my knives will glint  some are dull black blades  and some are dull steel

That's good. It would be nice if I were to find some duct tape and rope on you too.

UnderdoG - 
Pretjah - 

That's good. It would be nice if I were to find some duct tape and rope on you too.

there is packaging tape in the file cabinet near my desk  i could probably find duct tape pretty easily in the building

and i forgot to mention

in my desk i have an old "survival" paracord bracelet and string that went with an old jacket that's about 4 feet long.

also there is ton of electrical and computar cordage easily grabbed  25 foot data lines etc that could easily be used for any cordage needs

I live about 25 miles from work, but I have friends that live at various points along the way. So whenever something happens, I'd have a place in walking distance I can go to regroup. I also have two friends along the way that are prepared for whatever. One of them is just prepared for most normal stuff, the other one is prepared for absolutely anything

Pretjah - 
UnderdoG - 
Pretjah - 

there is packaging tape in the file cabinet near my desk  i could probably find duct tape pretty easily in the building

and i forgot to mention

in my desk i have an old "survival" paracord bracelet and string that went with an old jacket that's about 4 feet long.

also there is ton of electrical and computar cordage easily grabbed  25 foot data lines etc that could easily be used for any cordage needs

You said 10 miles. The average walking speed is 3.1 mph. So if your planning on an extended three hour tour, you'd be a fool not to pack some coconuts on a three hour tour.

10 miles. Would take me a couple hours.

rufus - 

10 miles. Would take me a couple hours.

A three hour tour

16 miles, would take a while but I don't see why I couldn't?  

I live around 9 to 10 miles from work so walking it wouldn't be a problem. I don't have a wife, girlfriend, or kids to worry about so I'm good there. I've got my BOB and BOV at home ready. If I couldn't make the drive to my bug-out location I could ride the 50 miles on my cross bike or walk it even though it would take a good while.

20 miles from home, no supplies. It would be a long walk.

My wife and I both work from home and kid's school is 4 blocks away.

I'm about 3 miles away. Easy walk in a fairly upper middle class suburban area. I carry so I'd have a pistol and knife on me. I also have useful stuff in my car for small emergencies like a first aid kit and different small tools, cordage, tape, etc., but I doubt that I would even need them except for the flash light.